Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy 35th Melanie!


Today marks my sister Melanie's 35th birthday. She is my only sibling and we are extremely close to each other in our hearts but not in distance. She lives about 2 hours away but we try to talk every day. She is having a great weekend in Chicago shopping while I am home cleaning all weekend! We went to the apple orchard yesterday to celebrate and then went out to the little restaurant that we have been going to since we were little girls. This picture was taken at Mark and I's wedding and is my favorite of us sisters. Happy Birthday little sis! ( I promise this is my last birthday wish for a while, my whole family had huge milestone birthdays this month, whew!)
**By the way, the orange tutu and wand that Myah is wearing in the Tutu Cute post is from a company called Pamela. My cousin bought it in Florida and sent it up to Myah. I have made a few tutus before but I love this one because of the "floaties" inside the tulle. If you would like to know how to make a tutu feel free to leave a comment and I will post it if there is enough interest, it is really simple.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Melanie! Two very pretty people in that picture...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

heather

Sheri said...

I didn't recognize you in this picture~~I love the dark hair!! Glad you had a good time celebrating with Mel. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

3 Peanuts said...

I love the joy on your faces in this photo:)

Happy birthday to your sister!

Ahh...to be 35 again....

Kim

Christy said...

What fun!! It is so great that you both are so close. I too have a close raltionship with my sister and it means a lot to both of us. Have a great celebration!!

Christy :)

Danielle Moss said...

Happy birthday to your sister!

It was so great talking to you today. If I weren't so out of it and had known where I was going I would have had another minute or two, but I really did need to get to Abby's party. I need to really adjust my sleeping schedule. Now.

I loved talking to you. I am so grateful for you Leslie. I'll try to get those fall cards out to everyone this week.

Enjoy the rest of your day and have a great day tomorrow. Let's talk again soon!

Love,

Danielle

Lori said...

Happy 35th Melanie!! What a great picture of the two of you, your are gorgeous women!!
Leslie, I would LOVE for you to share about making your tutu! I tried making one in the past and failed miserably, and haven't tried since. Figured it was easier to buy! haha