Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Grandpa!


Today my Grandpa Friend turns 85!! This is a picture of him and his "lady friend" ,as he calls her, Maybelle. He was married to my Grandma for 59 years until she passed away 5 years ago. My Grandpa and Maybelle met when they were in high school many years ago, Maybelle dated my Grandpa's best friend and evidently he had a crush on her and always wanted to date her. She ended up marrying the best friend and he passed away a few years ago. They were reunited last year and have been an item ever since. I love my Grandpa so very much. He owned a steel reinforcing business for 50 years and has built many of the buildings and stadiums in the Lansing area, especially at MSU. I spent all of my summers growing up with my grandparents so I became very close to them. I was their first grandchild. The story goes that I always wanted my Grandma to hold me when I was a baby because she had all of the necklaces and bracelets on that I liked to play with. This made my Grandpa very jealous and one day he showed up to my parents house wearing a few of Grandma's necklaces! He won my heart that day and has ever since. His trademark is his very deep voice and his gorgeous head of white hair that he has had since he was 40 years old. He is still very active and lives on his own. He is a WWII Veteran and is very proud of it. He is very patriotic and drives his blue pick up truck around with those clip on flags on each window. He is just adorable and we all love him dearly. Happy Birthday Grandpa from your little Sessie!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Your Grandpa sounds wonderful! Happy Birthday to him! His little "lady friend" is adorable too!

Danielle Moss said...

Awww Happy Birthday to your grandpa.

I hope he and his "ladyfriend" enjoy his special day. Too cute.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandpa, what a sweet picture.