Monday, September 17, 2007

Positively Perfect in Every Way


I just had to post about my Mary Poppins Day! There aren't many days where I feel at the end of the day that "wow, this was a great day" but yesterday was one of them. It is amazing how the simple things can make your day! First off a huge day for Gracie and Ellie, twin girls who were placed in the arms of their parents after 29 months of paperwork and waiting! What a blessing! Double Happiness as they say in China. I don't know them personally but know their proud aunt! It was so fun to wake up and check their site in the morning, that was my first good thing of the day. Secondly, it was my dear friend Sheri's bday and I got to talk to her all of the way home from up north! What a way to make the time go fast. I also was excited to see the Matilda Jane collection at my sisters' house, such cute things! Bonus during this visit was her new chocolate fountain that I was cozied up to, she informed me I am getting one for Christmas! Yeah! The house smelled like warm chocolate all day, makes me drool just thinking about it! Plus, a gorgeous sunny day to drive in the car, the trees are starting to change, I just love this time of year! Myah took a nap the whole 2 hours, this never happens, so I was thrilled that I could actually listen to my music and sing instead of listening to Toy Story the whole time. I even had a few extra minutes to stop by my favorite store Violets Blue and visit with Susan! Love that place and love them! I love my hubby too! He put Myah's car seat back in my car, filled the tank full of gas and made sure that I had ice cubes in the fridge. Our ice maker needs to be fixed and I am addicted to ice remember! All without me having to ask! I know, what is the big deal, but with him on midnights he doesn't get much time to help me out so I love love him for doing this for me! I know simple things, but so meaningful! And to top off my night, I took a long hot bath, I never get to do this. While in the tub I was messing around with my wedding ring and I finally got it off of my finger, the first time in 4 years! I need to get it resized but didn't want it cut off! Yeah! I stayed up late cleaning all of my jewelry, the diamonds just sparkle now, I don't have alot of fine jewelry that I wear but all that I have is very special to me and I loved how it just glistened. I can't leave Dayton out, he was with Dad all day and last night he said some of the sweetest things about Mark that I have ever heard, brought tears to both of our eyes. Sorry for the long post but I just couldn't resist this opportunity to document my life when things actually go my way for a change!

6 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

I am glad you had such a wonderful day! I love those days! What is Matilda Jane?

Can I come have some chocolate when you get your fountain?

Kim

P.S. the sleep WAS getting better but now Kate has a nasty cold and it is interrupted again. Oh wel..such is life with our little blessings.

Kim

Heather said...

Oh Leslie - it does sound like a perfect day - had one of them myself yesterday. Gotta love that!! Thanks again for getting me connected - I appreciate it and am now sad Em doesn't have her duds for picture day (oh well more for me to take I suppose!)

Hoping Monday finds you equally blissful!

Heather

Phyllis Schultz said...

Leslie, you are an awesome Mom and daughter-in-law! Love keeping up with all of you this way - it tends to diminish the distance between us. Hope you have another great day -- give the kids a hug for me! Love to all ....

Sheri said...

I'm glad your day turned out so great! Can't wait to see Sarah and Myah in their matching Matilda Jane dresses. ;)

Danielle Moss said...

So glad you had such a great day.

Now I'm not a fan of chocolate, but I'm glad it makes you so happy.

I'm confused. Do you not love listening to Toy Story? haha.

Hugs,

Danielle

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, such a full and wonderful day!!
Everything sounds so pleasant, I love those kind of days too. :D
Can I come dip chocolate with you after Christmas?! :D
Love the cute picture!