Friday, September 7, 2007

A few Goodies

Here are a few little gems that I have around the house that I thought might bring some inspiration to those of you who have or are waiting to adopt. I am always on the lookout for special items everywhere I go. I cherish old pieces that have been in our family and wanted to include some things to celebrate Myah's heritage also. These are a few of my recent favorites.
I found this sweet little ceramic Chinese girl at a local antique shop for $6. She reminds me of Myah with her long hair and sturdy build! I love antiques and am always excited when I spot Chinese inspired things like this. You can find similar items at your local antique dealers.
This is the American Girl Bitty Baby. Myah adores her! This particular doll is the Asian doll. They have dolls in just about every hair/eye color combination and the Bitty Baby is just the right size for little girls. The stroller is also for the Bitty Baby.

This box I recently found at Target and found that it holds all of our adoption documents (from start to finish) just perfectly. It is sturdy and has a nice linen lid. A great place to hold all of those precious papers that we worked so hard for!


I had this picture taken of Myah shortly after she arrived home. I love old family pictures and wanted a picture of Myah celebrating her heritage in her custom made dress and hat from China. I had it hand colored in a sepia tone which made it look old. She was just learning how to stand so I had to hold her up! See her jade 5 generation ball that we purchased in China next to the picture.
I found this baby book recently by Chronicle Books called My Family, My Journey. It is made especially for an adopted child. The pages are so sweet and soft. It will be a great keepsake for our family.

This is my favorite picture of my sweeties, very simple but so special. I had this done when we arrived home too, I am so glad I had this taken, they have both changed so much already. I love seeing how Myah's eyes have changed from looking so scared and serious here to looking so safe and full of love now. (Notice our etching of our family that we had done in China!)





4 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

I love the little antique, and LOVE the photos. They are beautiful.

Hope you have a great weekend!

xoxo

3 Peanuts said...

Thank you for sharing your special and beautiful finds. I enjoyed them:)

Kim

Lori said...

Leslie, thanks for sharing these special things, you have given me some great ideas of things I want to do for my daughter.
I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing. I love all your finds. I do need that file box, badly. I have some cute pink anb brown file folders with all of our adoption paperwork and they need a place!