Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Twenty-Seven Months Old


I know I am a little late but this month has had a rough/busy start! I have to start out by saying that both of my kids are changing daily. I am just amazed at how they both seem to be maturing, who would think that a 2 year old and a 12 year old have that in common! I think the best word to describe Myah this month is particular. Her vocabulary is expanding so quickly and she now knows how to say the things that she wants. We don't have to guess anymore that she wants juice or that she is hungry, she tells us. And repeats herself over and over again until she gets results. Are we creating a monster or what? Fortunately she is becoming very polite also, I always get a "thank you mommy" after I do something for her. I feel like she is losing a little bit of her "edge", now that Dayton is in school she is enjoying her time at the house alone with me, this seems to make her more mellow if that makes any sense. She also is playing on her own too, it is a nice break for me to actually have time to catch up on things while she colors, watches Sesame Street, plays with her kitchen or pushes her baby in her stroller around the house. I love that she will finally sit with me long enough to read a book, I love reading to the kids but she never will sit still long enough to finish a book, her favorite book is The Monster at the End of This Book, (thanks Vicki), I loved this book as a little girl and use my little Grover voice to read it to her, she also loves Alice the Fairy, and 8 Silly Monkeys. She surprised us one night while we were looking through a picture book and she named just about everything in the book, I didn't know she knew what all of those things were, let alone get the names right. She is a sponge and is absorbing information like crazy. She loves music, I catch her dancing all of the time! The other night at Taylor's football game she was dancing to the marching band, I will have to upload that video for you to see. She is sad to see Dayton get on the bus in the morning but has told us that she wants to ride the bus and go to school too, we'll see about that in a few years (wink!). I love how comfortable she seems, her laughter is so natural now and she squeals in delight when we are playing. She captures our hearts when she tells us she loves us. At night she will always say, "goodnight Dayton (or momma, or daddy), love you". We are so in love with her too! With each new month we are amazed at the changes in Myah, she has come so far in the year and 3 months that we have had her in our lives. Dayton misses her while he is at school and always asks if her can wake her in the morning before he leaves. He has been suffering from severe allergies this week and also is having alot of trouble walking, we took him to the Dr. on Monday and they said his achilles tendons are being stretched because his bones are growing faster than his tendons. They say it is common in boys at his age but we have to take him to see a physical therapist. Poor little guy, not a good first week of school for him. He is growing by leaps and bounds also, the other night he was as tall as Aunt Lora! I think I am next! He is loving 7th grade, he loves his school and seems to really care for all of his teachers. What a blesssing! I have to say that another common thread with my kids is that they have both outgrown everything that they own. Nothing and I mean nothing from their previous fall/winter wardrobe fits them at all, Myah is now wearing a 3T and Dayton is mostly in 14's! Looks like a shopping day is on the horizon! Woo Hoo!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun post. Myah is enchanting and Dayton is the best big brother ever! My brother is nine years my senior and though, it had it's moments, I worshipped him (still do:-)

Glad to hear she is giving you a little time to get things done - I forget some days that it will get to that point again (sniffle, sniffle - bittersweet!).

Have a wonderful day.
Heather

Danielle Moss said...

I have to agree with Heather.

How exciting that the kids are growing. Who doesn't love new clothes?

Hope you're enjoying your week.

Thanks so much for the email. I'm so tired and out of it. I had to respond a second time to answer something I skipped over, and I'm convinced I didn't finish.

Lori said...

What a blessed life you have and two amazing kids! :D