Saturday, March 22, 2008

We're Still Here

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for our packages and my little Longaberger (grandma sells them) Basket!

Coloring Eggs

Look at how pretty they turned out
Merry Christmas, oops I mean Happy Easter!
Thank you to Miss Lisa and Lindy for the fun stuff, she has played with it all day! Thanks to Dawn and Lucy for the quilt square and socks too! So cute! And she loved the stickers Aunt Barb and Uncle Bill! I found them on everything I own!

It has been a long week! Myah is doing pretty good, her wounds are healing, she is sleeping through the night, she is still using some medication for pain, and is bouncing back to her toddler ways. She has been so clingy this week, but I am enjoying that part of it, she has never let me hold her this much before. She still is a bit congested but it is improving. My parents talked to her on the phone last night and they agreed that she sounds weak, that is a good way to describe it. She has been eating and drinking very well, like I said before she is a tough little girl. She doesn't even want any of the Jello, pudding or popsicles that we bought. I am amazed. But if there was ever a little girl who loves her food it is Myah, so it doesn't srprise me one bit that she will suffer through the pain in order to eat what she wants. Mark's brother Scott and his family came over for the day and it was so nice to have some interaction with someone from the "outside". We also had a snowstorm yesterday and woke up and had to bring out the dreaded snowblower again!!! Enough already!!!


Myah is ready for the Easter bunny to come in the morning, my Dad, I mean the Easter Bunny called her on the phone tonight to make sure she left carrots and lettuce out for him. We are planning on attending church in the morning if she is up to it. The mornings and evenings have been rough for her. And us. Last night I felt just exhausted, the thought of walking upstairs to go to bed seemed overwhelming to me, I am whipped. I got sick to my stomach and Mark tucked me into bed early.


I want to thank all of you for your prayers, I could really use them right now, I need strength!


I also want to thank everyone for the gifts that have been sent to Myah, I am amazed at the love and generosity that you all have shown, especially from those of you who I have never met before. I am touched beyond words. I never imagined that by adopting a little girl from China that I would gain a whole family but I have. I love you all so much and pray that someday our little China girls can meet and maintain a friendship just as we have.


Well, I am off to hide baskets and a Dora Big Wheel! Have a wonderful Easter everyone!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hope you can catch some rest, Leslie! Understandably, you sound very tired! Holidays can be exhausting. Glad to hear Myah is starting to feel better.

Heather said...

Happy Easter! Hope you have a relaxing day with the family.

Blessings to you!
Love,
Heather

Somewhere In The Sun said...

She looks just beautiful...you'd never know what she just went through. I hope you can get some much needed and much deserved rest.

~Lynn

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie,

I've certainly been praying for your strength. I know you've been carrying the weight of the world on you and I hope some of the burdens will be lifted.

The kids look happy and hope they enjoyed Easter.

The snow picture is gorgeous but I know you're TIRED of it! Hope you catch some spring fever again soon...

Hugs,
Lisa