Monday, March 17, 2008

Mission Accomplished, Goodbye Tonsils! **update at bottom**


Look at my new bracelet, Mommy and Daddy have mathching ones.

In the pre-op room, things are all good
Afterwards, not a happy camper!
In our own roomI love my daddy!
Trying some pudding and a smile for mommy, not too many of these today!
Look at the cute brown bear that the hospital gave me!



We are here at the hospital, its about 12:15 pm, we arrived at 6:30, surgery was at 7:30. Myah did very well, she was a bit leary about going this morning. She cried when they took her away from me and at 8:10 Dr H came out and filled us in on her successful sugery. He said her tonsils and adenoids were huge! He also gave us some new information, he said that when he got in to remove the adenoids he realized that she had a deviated ( i think) uvula, and that she has a soft pallate which is indicative of a cleft pallate. He asked it we had heard this information before and we told him that we hadn't. He said that her pallate had closed itself but still was a bit soft, so he was very careful when removing the adenoids. We are still digesting this information. It is no accident that we were placed with Myah. I can't even imagine if she had a cleft while in China, there is a chance that she would have never been our daughter, she would have been considered special needs and we may never have been matched with her. I can't imagine this little girl without us as her parents. It will take a while for my mind to wrap around that fact. Bless her heart, she is tough as nails. She was crying very hard when we were able to go back to recovery, the nurse said that she came out of the drugs very quickly. That is Myah, she won't sleep if she is afraid she will miss something. It warmed my heart that my holding her and singing to her calmed her right down. We are in a beautiful new wing of the hospital, it is so nice, we have a huge private room, a flatscreen tv with dvd, vcr., a playroom, family room, there was even a teddy bear waiting for Myah on her bed for her to keep. Everyone is so nice. They brought us up meals, Myah actually is drinking some apple juice, has had a little sherbert and wanted some rice! She is just now nodding off to sleep finally, she has been fighting it. She is very sore, she isn't talking at all and won't let us look in her mouth, but we are getting a few smiles here and there. She did take a drink of water and started to cry owie owie! She was so cute before her surgery they had her play with her oxygen mask, it was pink and smelled like bubble gum, she grabbed it and said "let's call Dayton". She finally has the cool gadgets for a change! We are going to bring him up here in a little while, she will be glad to see him I have a feeling. We will come home sometime tomorrow if all goes well. Until then, we are watching NiHao Kailan and Dora over and over! Thanks so much for all the love and support for our family! Here are a few pictures from the days events.
***Update**** It is now 7:30 is pm and 12 hours past surgery. Myah is still doing well, she is running a temp of about 102 but they are giving her meds to keep it down. She is very mellow, not talking or smiling much any more at all. Big brother Dayton came up to visit and she cracked a smile when he brought her a balloon and a little Dora doll from the giftshop. She is still trying to eat a little bit. She has slept a little bit today but not much, hoping she has a good night. She has a bit of chest congestio and tries to cough and I know it is killing her to. She got to take a little ride in a car/cart to see the pretty aquarium down the hall. I am loving the peace to be honest. She is so calm and I am getting meals brought to the room, I have no chores to do but to sit and hold my little girl. I love that her heart rate calms when I am holding her, just makes me melt knowing that I am that person in her life that calms her. Thank you so much for your emails and comments, they are just melting my heart. I loved the calls from family and my good friend Sherry while on vacation in San Diego. I also want to thank Lori and Sheri & Sarah for the packages, Myah even cracked a smile when she opened them. Well, I need to run, I might post a few more pics later on if I am up to it.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Myah. Bless your sweet little heart! Even after surgery, you're the most beautiful little thing. I wish I were there to give you lots of kisses but I know your mommy is doing enough of that for all of us. Annabelle, Chloe, Uncle Chris and I are saying special prayers for you. We love you beyond the stars and cannot imagine life without you in it. Just reading about it brings tears to my eyes.

Feel better soon so Aunt Mel can spoil you silly. (You were definately meant for this family...we don't do anything small when it comes to surgery!)

We love you!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

That is so hard to send them back without you. I think we will be getting Cade's out this summer. Not looking forward to that. I am glad she is doing so good. The worst is over now.

Your blog is so cute.

3 Peanuts said...

I am glad sweet Myah is doing okay:) I have been thinking of her and praying all day. Sorry to hear there were more hidden issues. Sounds like posh accomodations:) Hang in there sweetie.

Lots of love and hugs,
Kim (and Harry and Kate)

Sheri said...

Thanks so much for the update! So glad that the surgery went well and that Myah is now recovering. We'll continue to pray that the recovery goes very well for her. Myah looks adorable, even in a hospital gown and in pain. :) What a surprise to find out that she has a soft pallate! Sounds like she's in good hands. Keep us posted on how she's doing.

Kim said...

Glad to hear surgery went well. Love the pictures of Myah before and after. It truly is amazing how God works and places these little miracles in our families. I believe with all my heart that God had their forever families picked out way before we even knew them.

Praying for a speedy recovery.

Erin said...

I have a lump in my throat reading this. I cry just thinking about doctors taking your child back to surgery. It is an awful moment, to be sure. The news about Myah's palate is remarkable--- we felt the samw way about Libby's condition---amazed and happy that it was undiscovered in China! Hoping Myah feels better and better!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - she did so incredibly well!! I have never seen a child look and sound so wonderful after that surgery...she's trying to eat - Leslie, that is awesome!! Myah, feel better sweetie and take all that wonderful loving Mommy and Daddy have for you!

Praise God that she is who she is and was the blessing meant for your family...just confirms what you already knew that she was absolutely supposed to be right where she is!

We have a friend that just adopted a little girl and their daughter was diagnosed with cleft uvula in China (during the exam) and they feared they would not be able to come home with her because it would change her status, but everything was fine and she is doing amazing here in the good ol' USA:) They also may have to do the tonsil and adenoids early on.

We have thought of you all day and Emily keeps asking about Myah - she actually picked out a gift for her and that is the package you will get tomorrow - she prayed for Myah with her class on Friday during chapel (she told me that tidbit today).

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Love,
Heather

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

Here I am back again and so glad for the update. I will be praying that her temp goes down.

God picked that little angel just for you guys!!!

I love that her heart rate goes down when mommy holds her and that you feel peaceful there.

Love,
Kim

Robin said...

I'm so glad to see your update! Oh my, that little Myah is just so precious...even right after surgery. I'm so glad to hear that her surgery went well. Keep showering her with all that love, and we'll keep praying that her recovery goes smoothly and quickly! It never ceases to amaze me, how God continues to reveal His plan....how he miraculously brought Myah into the perfect family, and how her family loves her beyond measure! What a wonderful thing to know(and see by her heart rate) you can soothe your little girl and make her feel safe and loved! Take care and know you're in our prayers!
Love,
Robin

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie,

Sweet Myah has been on my heart all day. She looks beautiful even without her prize-winning smile.

There are some days where we are reminded in big ways how God is in control. I think today was one of them for you. I am so glad God chose Myah for you and that things have worked out how they have...Gives me goosebumps to think of it any other way.

I hope your sweet girl will feel better and that each day she will gain more strength.

Sending you love and concern~
Lisa

Danielle Moss said...

I am SO glad Myah is ok! I hope her fever goes down and that she's feeling a lot better in the morning. Keep us all posted. I was thinking about her at work today and it was killing me that I couldn't check your blog!

And can I tell you how happy I am that Myah's new pig was there to comfort her? I'm glad she likes it!

Sending you all a big hug,

Danielle

Christy said...

Im so glad she is doing so well!! That is just so strange about the cleft. It is amazing how things work and obviously Myah was meant for your family!! Hope she contnues to heal well!

Christy :)

Colleen said...

What wonderful news that Myah is doing so well!! The photo of her looking at Daddy is just the sweetest! I will continue to pray for her speedy recovery!!

ruths said...

I am so glad she is doing well. She looks so precious in her hospital and her hair in a up do. How classy is that. She was truly meant for your family. God has really blessed you... Love the blogs I catch them every week. love you guys...

Lori said...

Leslie, I'm so glad that Myah and all of you are doing well. I got all choked up when I read that she smiled after seeing her brother with a balloon. :)
I hope the "owwies" go away quickly and I will continue to have you in my thoughts and prayers.