Saturday, March 8, 2008

Myah's New Furniture





I keep forgetting to post these pictures! I had looked and looked for the better part of 3 years for a dresser for Myah's bedroom. I finally had to pick up a cute little antique baby dresser before Myah arrived just to have someplace to hold her pajamas, socks and shorts. It was ok for the time being but since she is growing her clothes were getting bigger and the drawers just weren't big enough any more. I didn't want to just settle and buy a cheap set because we did that with Dayton and regretted it. I also didn't want to pay a fortune for furniture either. I was thrilled to walk into my favorite children's furniture store over by my friend Sheri's house called Canterbury Kids. I love the fact that this little quaint store is right down the street from AAI, our adoption agency, the first place we ever saw Myah's face! Mark happened to be with me that day and we both fell in love with the store and a dresser and night stand that was in there. And the price fit our budget. So we bought it and Dayton and I went a few days later to pick it up. We got it home and I filled it up immediately! It was hard keeping everything on hangars for so long! That night we decided that the matching bed was a must as well. We have been burned before on not buying the matching piece and then it gets discontinued and I spend way to much time searching for a good match. So the next day Mark drove over and picked up the bed. Wouldn't you know it, the bed is too long for the matresses that we got from Grandma. So off to Art Van to buy a cheap extra long twin mattress. My goodness, everything we try to do always takes twice as long as the average person! But we think she is worth all of the the trouble! She lived in an orphanage for the first year of her life, she deserves to sleep like a princess. I am still playing around with accessories, mostly because she likes to get into everything, I need to keep things out of her reach. She has done very well in her big girl bed, we even bought a little stool for her to make it easier to climb in and out. I love having her at my level so that we can give night night kisses and read stories in bed, too hard to do that in her crib! I am so glad that this project is finished, I have been searching for so long for just the perfect pieces for her room, she loves it and that is all that matters. Check out my new blog to see a few pictures from Canterbury Kids. A few of you have asked about where to get Myah's look- I am sorry that I don't know the paint color, I had it color matched to a Pottery Barn jewelry box in her room a few years ago. The duvet cover is by Pine Cone Hill in the Caroline pattern. Her sheets and dust ruffle are from the Shabby Chic collection at Target as well as the lamp base. The shade is one that I have found in my travels for $10. The furniture is manufactured by Winners Only. A few pillows are one of a kind found at a local boutique. I found her chandelier at a garage sale, it was gold so I spray painted it white, not bad for $5.00! The curtains were from TJ Maxx on clearance for $8.00. The painting of her monogram on the wall was done by my sister Melanie. You may be able to have your own very soon, she is in the process of starting a blog and offering hand painted canvas prints like what she did on Myah's wall! I will keep you posted! Pray that she gets DSL very quickly! I hope that answers all of your questions, feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

18 comments:

Jill said...

Myah's bedroom is so pretty. Her room should be in a magazine.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Soooooooooooo Beautiful......
What a dream room....

Erin said...

Perfect! Dreamy! Lovely!

Football and Fried Rice said...

A pretty room for a pretty girl! It is so grown up :) I love it!

Leslie said...

WoW, when I frist saw those pictures, I thought they were out of a magazine.

Myah deserves every bit of that precious room of hers.

You have great taste Leslie.

Sheri said...

Ok, these pictures look like they come from a magazine, but I know it's Myah's room! It turned out sooooo cute! You are amazing when it comes to decorating. I think I'll have to hire you to help with Sarah's room.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is so beautiful . . . it does indeed look like something from a magazine! Can you share a few more details, such as where you found the bedding, and what paint you used on the walls? Everything looks perfect!

Jennifer, mommy to Adrienne

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Beautiful!! I thought they were magazine shots to! I especially love the dresser. The drawers are very unique.

~Lynn

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

So when I can I move in???? This is elegant and she is very deserving and blessed to have such a talented, creative mommy.

Thanks for sharing!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Lori said...

Leslie, Myah's furniture is just lovely! It all looks so beautiful together, I especially like the dresser too. I'm sure it's great to have that project out of the way, I'm glad it all came together so beautifuly! :)

Jodee said...

I love Myah's new furniture! Her room is adorable! I, too, thought they were pictures from a magazine!

Heather said...

Leslie - it is gorgeous! I love absolutely everything.

Sweet dreams beautiful girl:)

Heather

Danielle Moss said...

You did such a great job on Myah's room. It is gorgeous. I absolutely love it.

jennifer said...

It is beautiful!

Stefanie said...

LOVE IT! Her room is so lovely anyway, but the new furniture is perfect :) I bet she is so happy with her new big-girl look!!

AmyO said...

That is 1 beautiful room! Myah is a very lucky girl :)

Hillcrest Acres said...

Your little girl is very lucky to have such a beautiful room to grow up in. Enjoy her because they grow up so fast.

Thank you also for the information about the furniture store. I will be calling them.

Have a great day!!
Susie

3 Peanuts said...

It is simple beautiful!!!!

Kim