Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Sorry I missed last week, it just came upon me too fast! I have had another busy week but amidst all of the chaos I need to take a moment and reflect on the blessings in my life.

I am thankful for:
-Mark, for the 3 weeks that you were at home with me every day, I really miss you now that you are back to work. For just stepping in and doing the day to day stuff around here to help relieve my workload. You never feel like it isn't your place to help out and I love that about you, you are a hands on dad and the kids love you for it! For giving me a day all to myself, I really needed it!! And the Chinese food you had waiting for me at home!
-Dayton, for being the one person in my life who I can hang out with nightly! You are growing into such a fine young man and I love that you are now my friend as well as my son. You laugh with me, cry with me and are wise beyond your years. I love listening to your stories and hearing you laugh. You have my sense of humor and I love that about you, you get my jokes!
-Myah, for being such a good little girl through all of your dentist and doctor appointments, your strength amazes me! We were so proud of you and everyone loved you. I love the way you stuff your pockets and purses with things you find around the house, you made us laugh when poker chips fell out of your pockets in the dentist office, they probably wondered what you were doing with those!
-For the wonderful staff at Dr. H's office, they are so patient and kind to little children. They specialize in young children and special needs patients, such a warm environment! Thanks for taking care of our girl!
-For the special prayers and notes that you have all sent for Myah!
-For the adorable present that Aunt Mel (oops I mean Tooth Fairy) sent to Myah!
-The good news that our little China friend Whitney doesn't need surgery to repair a bad break above her elbow, a cast was put on and she is doing much better!
-For Taylor's basketball team, they lost last night in the regional finals but it was a terrific game and very close, we are very proud of you Taylor!
-For my sister Melanie's upcoming Matilda Jane trunk show this weekend, I can't wait to see what MJ has come up with for this season!
-For the Sears repairman who fixed my ice maker!!!! We are so excited to have it working again!
-For all of the sweet responses I have had to my new blog, it is alot of fun for me!
-For the sweet phone call from dear friends checking up on us!
-For Patrick Swayze, I saw on the news today that he has pancreatic cancer, I love Dirty Dancing and I pray that he will be alright. Let's hope he can put "pancreatic cancer in the corner"!
Well, that about sums up my list for this week, I am hoping that next week I can write something about the beautiful weather we are having, come on Spring!
-

7 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

You have such a sincere heart, Leslie. I appreciate that about you!

Lisa

jennifer said...

What a great list. I love reading it.

Heather said...

I love this list and all the wonderful things that go into it. May you have a wonderful weekend. Thankful for you and your beautiful family and hoping with you for spring!

Heather

Sheri said...

As usual, another wonderful Thankful Thursday post! How awesome that Mark gave you a day to yourself. You definitely needed and deserved that. Hope you have a great weekend and that next week isn't soooo crazy! :)

Colleen said...

I enjoyed reading this list...so many wonderful things to be thankful for!! How fun a Matilda J. party! I have been thinking about having one so would love to hear all about it!

Have a great week-end!!

Dawn said...

I love your posts...thank you for sharing them.

Lori said...

That cracked me up about the poker chips....Elliot does the same thing~ you'd be amazed at the things that come out of his pockets! :0
Always thankful for your lists.