Sunday, March 30, 2008

A much needed family day out!

Myah's first trip to the Hands On Museum

I have a picture of Dayton wearing this outfit when he was her age.
Making big bubbles together, look at her eyes!
Myah was the only dot from Wuhan China on this map!
She loved the water table!
Hang on Dayton!
Who says my kids can't live in a bubble?Yummy Cupcake place!
** I am not happy with my little camera but it is much easier than carrying around the mac daddy!


It took a bit of convincing (not really) but I got Mark to take the night off on Saturday so that we could enjoy one last day together as a family before Dayton's spring break ends. It isn't easy finding places to go where both of my kiddos can enjoy themselves, with a teen (ok, one more month to go) and a toddler I had to use my thinking cap and I remembered taking Dayton to the Hands On Musuem when he was about Myah's age and I thought he might enjoy it as well. Actually, we ended up having to drag him out of there. Myah was so happy, and entertained. I told Mark to watch her expressions, it was so cute, she was like on sensory overload, in a good way. It is in an old fire station and she loved dressing up in the fire hat and jacket pretending to drive a fire truck. They even have a full sized ambulance inside the museum for kids to play in. There is a whole area just for preschool children and I am thinking about getting a membership just for this area alone. Myah loved the water table, well, we all did. After we left we enjoyed the spring like day (yeah!) and walked downtown to the cutest little cupcake shoppe. It was just charming. They have 4 flavors that they make each week and when they sell out, they close for the day. I am definately going back to have birthday cakes made! The owner just won some awards on the Food Network. So much fun. So Yummy! There was a young couple in there ordering their wedding cake, I love love love weddings and I can just imagine how amazing their cake will be! We then went bowling, Mark and Dayton bowled and Myah and I were cheerleaders and ate french fries! We had such a nice day, we ended it by climbing into our spa on our deck, it was so relaxing and the kids were giggling so much. It was such a special day for us. We really needed a day like this. Dayton had his two teeth pulled last Wednesday and is doing good. We have to call the orthodontist to see about getting the teeth to come down straight now. Mark and Myah both had their appointments on Friday with their respective surgeons and both got good news, Myah is healed completely and Mark's vision is expected to get even better over the next few weeks. Whew!!! We woke up to 5 inches on snow on Friday morning, I pray that I don't see another flake until November! We seriously are hitting record amounts this year. Dayton ended his week with a roller skating 80's night with his youth group tonight. I know that this week is the beginning of the crazy roller coaster ride we call baseball season, practice every night now until the first game in a few weeks. Add a few birthdays, holidays, and boating season, and that is our life for the next 4 months. I am looking forward to the warm weather that is on its way, more than ever I am ready for April and the blossoms, green grass, birdies, and spring jackets! Bring it on! Hey tomorrow is opening day at Tiger Stadium! They dressed the big concerte tigers outside of the stadium in a huge Carhardt jacket! BRRRRR! Go Tigers, they are expected to win the World Series this year!

13 comments:

Melanie said...

What a fun day. Thanks for sharing the info so we can do something with the girls. I'm hoping to hit some of the shops...we'll see how that goes.:)
See you Tuesday!

Erin said...

Very fun! I loved seeing Myah put her little pushpin in Wuhan, China... I got a little choked up. And your hair looks really cute!

Unknown said...

SOunds like sooo much fun!
I cant wait to have days like that!

Amy

new reader and waiting mom

Kim said...

Sounds like a great day together. I forgot all about the, "Hands On" looks like we'll have to take a trip out there. I know what you mean about the snow. I'm about to become a flake if we get any more.

Nikki said...

Lily loves the Hands On Museum as well...glad you had such a fun family day!

GO TIGERS!!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Oh I love the pictures! So glad you had a much deserved fun day! That's so funny about the cake store closing when they sell out!

~Lynn

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

So glad your family got a day out. It looks like it was so much fun and I hope you were able to let off some of the enormous stress you've been encountering. So glad to hear Myah's recovery was perfect!

I heart cupcakes!

xoxo,
Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie--It sound like the perfect family day...the cupacke shoppe sounds the BEST to me. i LOVE cupcakes! I KNOW you needed a fresh ray of sunshine and I am glad you got it:)

Kim

Jodee said...

Wow! What a perfect family day. We have a children's museum very similar to your hands on museum, and my kids always enjoy going there too. In fact, I decided to get a membership this year.

The cupcake shoppe sounds so delicious! We love cupcakes too!

Annette said...

Sounds like everyone had fun. Is that the Hands on Museum in AA? I didn't realize you were a Michigander! Somehow I missed the cupcake shop though! :(

Annette said...

Me again! I just realized the cupcake shop you are talking about is the same one my friend is having her son's graduation cake made. She sent me the web site and their cakes look awesome!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to see a smile on that GORGEOUS face again!! I'm glad her recovery went so well and you were all able to enjoy a family day together. So many blessings!!!

Hugs,
June

snekcip said...

Glad to see you had a fun day! I just LOVE PATENT RED LEATHER SHOES!! Gymboree had these, but my baby size went superfast!! Auughhhhh!!! Every girl should have RED PATENT LEATHER shoes!!!!