Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Snoopy Saves the Day!



I had bought these special diva jammies for her a few months ago and saved them for today, she loved them! She was sitting in this chair and looked like a little movie star, I couldn't resist snapping this shot.

I have just tucked my little princess in to bed, hopefully for the night. Can I just say a huge WHEW! This has been a long day. She slept pretty good last night, after about 2am she slept till 8. A few times she woke up crying but was easily comforted and went right back to sleep. Mom and Dad got some much needed beauty sleep. Once she was awake, the demands started. She was pretty bossy today, and very irritable. I can't blame her one bit but WOW she is one tough cookie, and intimidating! She has told her daddy off more times today than I can count, she told me that I was stinky, for the record, I was not stinky, it was her own breath kicking back at her. She is eating a bit, like mac and cheese but drinking is a struggle, and that is what is so important right now. We have become very creative in encouraging her to take her meds and drinking. It is exhausting to say the least. But we know it is for her own good, and it is just temporary. Believe me, I know things could be so much worse and my heart goes out to those parents who are dealing with sick children each and every day. She would cry every time we went to give her something to drink and push it away, telling us she "can't". Then along came the Snoopy Snow Cone Maker that Heather, Emily and Hannah sent. I told her she couldn't use it unless she drank it, that is all that it took, she stood there waiting for the ice to crush and she just wanted water in hers, but she drank it right up, no fuss at all. Thank you Emily for picking out the perfect gift for Myah! You saved the day!!!!

She is more active today, it is very hard keeping her down, I caught her climbing the stairs to visit Dayton in his room, she was spread eagle on the floor when I saw her, I think it wore her out. I am glad that she is healing and feeling well enough to do that stuff but it makes her cough so bad when she does it. Another problem we have is that we are encouraging her to drink cold things, eat popsicles etc. However, I think the crowns that she had put on a few weeks ago are very sensitive still and I think that is a part of the problem with her drinking. So what do you do?

Daddy is off to work, bless his heart, I don't know how he will work all night long. He did go in a few hours late until we had her put to bed. The meds are a huge fight with her, she is so strong! I see progress and healing, that is all that I can ask for. Thanks again so much for all of your support, I am so blessed. It is kind of a bummer for us this week, usually tonight we are leaving for spring break in Florida. As much as I love the warm weather, I really enjoy just being together as a family, with no phones, schedules, work or obligations. That is what I will miss, the time alone together. Many of our friends are leaving, Dayton's break starts tomorrow after school. I feel bad that during his break we are dealing with a sister who is out of control and he has to have 2 teeth pulled. Fun times, I bet you all wish you could join us! Oh well, we will make the most of it! Well, I think I hear the princess calling now, gotta run!

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Such a Diva:D I love that kid...Those Kids! The p.J's look even more adorable than I imagined they would. Way too cute! I was telling Chris' mom the Zoo story yesterday. She was cracking up about Myah telling off the monkey! I hope we see you soon. Would love to grab big "D" for a day or two. LOVE.LOVE .LOVE you all!

Sheri said...

Hooray for Snoopy the snow cone maker! Miss Emily sure knew the perfect gift for Myah. Love the diva jammies -- I'm still smiling about that one. Only you, Leslie, would find something like this! :) I hope you get a good night sleep tonight and that the diva is an angel tonight and tomorrow.

Heather said...

Oh my goodness - she totally looks like a movie star!!

I am so glad you got a bit of rest and I bet today was very challenging! But hey, we know that Snoopy ALWAYS saves the day (we're big fans around here:)

Em was thrilled (I am talking thrilled to see it posted on your blog - she could not believe that after our fiasco at the Post Office and then a trip to UPS where they repackaged what I had just packaged to make sure it didn't shift in travel, that there it was at your house!) We are so glad that it helped.

We were happy to see pictures of Myah smiling but Emily was very sad at the pictures where she looked like she didn't feel well.

Thinking of you and sending love!
Heather

Leslie said...

Yes, I have to also say, she is a Diva for sure. I just love the picture of her in those PJ's.

She seems to be on the mend, and I hope that maybe you guys will be able to get out and do something fun on spring break for Dalton.

When Lily had her open heart surgery...her surgery was on a Wed, and she was up running around the house by Sat. It's amazing how fast they bounce back from these types of surgery's. She also was only on pain meds for 3 days, and Motrin for the next two days, and was fine after that. Isn't that just crazy.

Can't wait to see again what Myah is up to. She is so cute with that pouty face.

Danielle Moss said...

Those pjs are kind of fabulous. I love them!

Emily is AWESOME. That was my FAVORITE toy when I was little! I loved that thing? I have to ask Heather where she found it!

Erin said...

"It was her own breath kicking back at her"--- I loved this line, & I am sure it will come in handy sometime! Honestly, those P.J.'s are too much! She really is cute! And hilarious! (Even though she is sick!)

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie,

You are such an amazing trooper. I think you must be soooo patient. I was getting higher blood pressure thinking of your stress, yet you maintain such humor. Love it!

Hope your diva daughter will feel better each day and return to her sweet self.

Hang in there and keep smiling!

Love,
Lisa

ruths said...

Hope you enjoy your time home this week together. You will be in our prayers. Love your blogs. I look forward to them each week... take care. Myah such the diva. Love the up do..

Dawn said...

Leslie~

I love love your sense of humor in all this. "Her breath ..." line is priceless. I have to say those pj's are just too fabulous!!! Hope she is on the mend. Hope Dayton has a great break regardless :)

Stefanie said...

What a little diva she is :) Those jammies look heavenly! What a perfect reason to pull out those babies, I am sure they helped to perk Myah right up ;)
So glad to hear everything went well, my oldest daughter had her tonsils out when she was little and it's pretty stressful... I'm sure both you and Myah are glad to be on THIS end of that surgery!
That Snoopy Snow Cone maker looks like FUN!! and it looks like it DID save the day :)

Roger That said...

So cute! I love your blog. I was so glad you looked me up. Myah is a movie star! Lets totally get the girls together. My sister is coming to town next week so maybe the 1st week in April?

I am so happy Myah is home and doing well. I loved reading all about your hospital visit!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie,

You ahve been such a trooper through all of these medical issues with your family this year! I hope that Spring brings health and joy and happiness in your family.

I LOVE the diva jammies. I am sorry that you are missing your special Spring Break.

Get some rest. Way to go Emily on the snow cone maker!!!!

Love,
Kim

3 Peanuts said...

P.S. I know that you are NOT stinky!

Karen said...

Love the diva pajamas...too cute! Hope your little one feels better soon. Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Karen

Jewels of My Heart said...

For someone who doesn't feel good she certainly is breathtaking.... gotta love those jammies....
I pray she is feeling all better now....
God Bless You