Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day Two

Thanks to Lori for the book and Sheri and Sarah for the bag of goodies, love the lady bugs!
Dayton was here to help us go for a walk
She loved the Dora that he brought her. I am cracking up at this picture! Poor Baby!
This morning she is a bit more perkier, and obstinate!
Bed Sweet Bed
Oh my, what a long night! Or should I say short, not sure which seems most appropriate. Myah just would not go to sleep last night, no matter if her drugs were in her or not, she isn't going to give in for anything! We were up every hour at least, she would start to cough and it is so painful then she would cry and make her cough even worse. I slept in a chair, Mark slept in a chair that turned into a lounger. Neither was comfortable but we would fall asleep, I think just plain exhaustion. Then the door would open or she would wake up, or the iv would start beeping, or it was time for meds. Anyhow, the Dr. came in at 7 and said she looks good, he is concerned with the fever and wants to make sure it is down before he will let us leave. She also needs to drink 3-4 ounces of fluid, yeah right. I am breaking down and giving her Sprite-ish pop, it is the only thing that is motivating her to sip. She took about 4 bites of a pancake and that was about it. Her strong willed personality is even worse when she is tired I have learned! She is talking a bit more today, not much but enough to make me realize that she is a bit more "with it " today. I feel so bad for her, I know it hurts so bad! The nurses are in love with her, they have told us that she is the best T&A (tonsils and adenoids people!) patient that they have ever had. She takes her medicine for them we will see about it once we get home! We are getting slap happy, last night around 2am the nurse came in and said she was down with the other T&A patient, wishing that he was a good as Myah. Mark thought she said Tina, after she left Mark said " I thought she was calling Myah, Tina, I was about to tell her that this isn't Tina, you better not be giving her Tina's medication, this is Myah". It sounds so dumb now but we were cracking up all night, still today actually. We also keep laughing about how when we got in her room the nurse was writing our names on the board and she asked me what we want to be called, I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and I was trying to figure out why she would want our number to call us when we were going to be here the whole time, so I said,"well, I guess you can have my cell number" Mark said "Leslie she wants our names." I felt so dumb! I love that man, we sure can get through times like this with humor thankfully!

I am hoping that we can get home soon, I think Myah will rest much better there. She is so tired. Well, I will close for now, just bored and trying to wait out these last few hours here. The lady just dropped off the menu for tomorrow and I told her we won't be here, she said she would leave it just in case, lets pray that we are out of here! We are going to have a rough few weeks, they said in about 4 days it will be worse for her when they start to scab over. Yikes! Lord give me strength!

7 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Oh, Leslie, I can tell you are sleep deprived!!! Hospitals are lousy places for good, restful sleep.

Praying today is the day you all go home! That Myah is a fighter. Even though her strong will may tire you at times, I think it is a good sign that she has spunk even when she doesn't feel good...

Cracking up over T&A, Tina, etc.

Hang in there!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Kim said...

Glad to hear you made it through the night. Good think God gives us a sense of humor! Just keep reminding yourself that Myah's strong will is a good thing - it'll help her go far.

The pic's are just to sweet, poor little thing.

Sheri said...

Oh Leslie, I hope all of you can get some good rest very soon! Sweet Myah looks so sad -- it makes me want to scoop her up and give her a hug. You guys are such troopers. Hang in there! We'll be praying for all of you, and especially for Myah as she has some rough days coming up. I was hoping the ladybug sipping cup we sent would encourage Myah to drink. Hopefully it will! :) Hugs to you all. Thanks for the update.

Chesnye said...

Hello Leslie,
I have been "lurking" on your blog for a couple months and can I just say that Myah is darling! I have always had a dream of having a daughter from China one day, that is how I found you. We have been through the tonsil experience with our son when he was three. I feel for you. It is hard watching your baby in pain.
Love,
Chesnye

Sandy said...

I hope you don't mind me commenting! ;-) I found your blog when did a search for "goodbye tonsils party". My 3 year old is going to have her tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes put in her ears in April. {I'm a mess.} I got her a book to read about it and in the book they have a goodbye tonsils party and she wants one too. So I was looking for ideas when I stumbled across your blog. I'll be following Myah's progress, hoping it will ease my fears about our upcoming operation. I'm glad Myah is doing well!

Heather said...

Bed, sweet bed looks anything but sweet! But at least you are together:)

Myah still looks pretty spunky for what she has been through and Leslie, I pray for some solid rest for you all.

I think "punchy" works in situations where you can't control anything, your whole 2 AM exchange cracks me up.

Thank you for being so kind to update us, I have checked often and you have really given us items to pray for and levity in the not so finer moments of parenting:)

Thinking of you
Heather

Lori said...

Oh you have me cracking up at your silliness! Sometimes that's all you can do. :D
Poor Myah, she seems to be doing so well....will be thinking of you all and praying in the days ahead. :)