Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Sheri!

Here we are in our custom made Chinese jackets, (very humid, hence the Hubei Hair!)
On top of the Great Wall, this was after I actually layed on the ground to catch my breath! So hot!

All 4 of us buddies on referral day, I have the video camera, Sheri, Robin and Laura, such a wonderful day!
Here we are with our Hubei Honeys in China
One example of our buying the girls the same thing and not knowing it (stroller, coat and pants!)

Today is my dear friend Sheri's birthday! Our special friendship began during the adoption of our little girls. After we learned that we were in the same group we started meeting on a regular basis and our friendship grew. In my heart I know that we were meant to be friends. I always feel like she was the big sister that I never had. We laugh at how similar we are, so do our hubbys. She is one of my original 4 adoption buddies, we really got to know each other much better while in China together. I am so thankful that we shared this amazing experience together. Sarah and Myah were from the same orphanage and have always been very similar in their personalities, sometimes we wonder if they were separated at birth! I am so blessed to have her in my life, we have laughed and cried together, our families love each other, and I know that this is a life long friendship for all of us. She is one person that I can call and we pick up right where we left off. We live about 2 hours apart but we make an effort to get together on a regular basis. We always laugh at how we pick out the same items at the store, even when we aren't shopping together! When we were in China, I wore a lime green shirt from J Jill and she told me " I brought the same shirt with me", then as we were shopping in the pouring rain in Guanzhou, I pulled an umbrella out of my bag and she said " I have the same umbrella". This seriously happens alot!! We even met last winter with our buddies and Myah and Sarah were dressed almost identically!

I admire her as much as I love her. She is a wonderful mom to her 4 children, and a very devoted wife. We relate on so many levels and both of our husbands have very strange schedules, many weekends/nights we are alone and it is so nice to have a friend who can relate on those days when I could go crazy! I never hear her complain, ever! She is the most patient person that I know. Maybe because she is so organized, she is amazing. She leads a very spiritual life, and Christ is always at the center of her world.

I truly believe that red threads brought us together. One day when we were staying at her house she metioned to me about some skin care products that her family used and she said that her sister sold this particular line. I told her that I had been to one of those parties, my neighbor had one. Now I had not heard of this beauty product line before this party. I actually had some of their facial cleanser in my shower before we decided to adopt. Last fall Sheri brought me over some of the cleanser that she used and I looked on the back and her sister's name was on the product. For some reason it looked familiar to me. Mind you, her sister lives 2 hours away from here. A few months ago I was cleaning out my makeup drawer and came across a bottle of lotion that had an address label on it if I needed to re-order this product. Would you believe it was her sister's name. I had stared at that name for months in my shower every morning on my cleanser. No wonder it sounded familiar! Her sister had loaned the particular product to another consultant, so that I could have it. This was like 4 years ago! What are the odds that I would eventually travel across the world with this lady's sister and that her niece would come from the same orphanage as my daughter. Red threads.

I hope you hop on over to her site and wish her a super duper birthday! Have a great day my friend!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie,
I just had lunch with sister and she told me I needed to check out the diva pictures of Myah - and I see your great post about her!!

Everything you said about her is true, and I am truly blessed to have her as my sister and best friend!! It is also great to know that she has awesome friends like you who add so much to her life!

I hope your days and "Myah's Days" start to go smoother soon!!

Beth
Sheri's "Red Thread" Sister

Sheri said...

Ok, I'm crying over here! You are such a sweetheart for saying all those nice things about me! Thank you. I am so thankful that God brought us together and that He's blessed us with such an incredible friendship. It is amazing how much we are alike, right down to our little Hubei honeys. You have made my birthday very special girlfriend.

Love you!
Sheri

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a nice tribute to such a lovely lady. I am so thankful to "know" her through this journey and am glad you have the privilege of getting to share so many special times together.

You are both blessings to me (and I'm not alone).

Love,
Lisa

mommy24treasures said...

oh what an amazing red thread friendship! Lovely post. You described your feelings perfectly.
The added blessings the journey to our children have brought us are amazing.