Monday, March 3, 2008

Round 2!

Enjoying a moment outside before leaving
Look at her smiling for her mommy, this girl is used to the camera being in her face! By the way my new little camera doesn't take very good pics but they are better than carrying my big one around everywhere!
I think the meds are kicking in !

What a difference a week made for our little patient! She did cry a bit today when they went to take her back but they have a really tiny door for the little kids to walk through by themselves and she was just fine after that. She even came out smiling this time. And proud of the 3 rings she scored at this visit! She got a crown and a filling today, just like last week. She seemed to be in pretty good spirits this time. Although I can tell she is a bit out of it and not her normal self just yet. Last week it was a few days before she felt better. She actually is with daddy tonight at Taylor's regional basketball game, I had to take Dayton to his allergy/asthma appointment so we couldn't go. I didn't think she would feel up to it so we had not planned on going. She always behaves better for him anyways! Dayton had a good appointment, very allergic to the things we figured he was. We have to go back in a month for more asthma testing, we are hoping that it is just allergy induced. I can't keep all of these Dr. appointments straight, thank goodness this Dr. gave me a list of what I needed to do for Dayton because I caught myself nodding like I understood but thought for a minute, wait, what did he just say? I think I am going to be downgraded to a candy striper pretty soon from my "nurse" status!

The bright side of the whole day was when we woke up today and it was 52 degrees outside!!!! It felt wonderful!! So what if we are supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow, we are going to enjoy it while we can! I took Myah outside before her appointment and she just let the breeze blow her hair, splashed in the puddles and we even took her for a walk in her stroller when we got home, before the rain came! It was just what I needed to re-charge my batteries! Myah even broke out her new spring jacket and was screaming "my new jacket, my new jacket, I show Dr. my new jacket!!" We are simple folk around here. Doesn't take much to get us geeked up! She is my daughter! Well, Mark just called, he is on the way home, we have an hour before they get home so I am going to spend it relaxing and calling my parents. Long day. I did get quilt squares from Lori today and I was so excited! Thank you Lori for the beautiful pieces! Keep em coming! Also, I love my new little blog just for me, thanks for visiting! By the way Taylor won tonight so on Wed. they play in the regional finals! Go Blue Devils!

6 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Glad things went much smoother with Myah today. She had every right to want to show off that great new jacket--I am green with envy...Sorry, couldn't resist.

I hope you enjoyed the fab weather and broke out your bathing suit or washed your car. :-) It was warmer there than it was here today. Go figure...

Your square is on my to do list this week.

Hugs,
Lisa

Sheri said...

I'm so glad that Myah did so well today! What a little trooper. It sounds like Dayton's got a good doctor to help him with his allergies. Finally! ;) I knew Mark would go to the basketball game. How exciting that they won. We lost tonight, so now basketball is officially over for us.

Erin said...

It seems that Myah is less fearful now--- progress! I am with you about the weather--- 50 degrees seems downright hot around here. Nice to splash in puddles, and be outside for a bit in between blizzards. hope you catch a bit of time to do something fun!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I'm so glad you had a chance to get outside after a stressful day! That always helps me too.

I saw this website today....Is this Myah? It sure looks like her!http://www.sweetlittlemoments.net/Site/Home.html

~Lynn

Robin said...

So glad that is over for Myah, sounds like she did great! (especially since she knew what was coming) She is one tough little cookie!
We can't wait to pull out our spring jackets, too! :)

Lori said...

Oh I'm so glad you got a wee bit of warmth~ the first bursts of Spring air are always so refreshing!
Myah looks adorable in her Spring jacket and how cute of her to want to show the Doctor. :) Wow, three rings and a crown in one day~ she is such the princess! :D