Sunday, October 21, 2007

You're Welcome


I just have to say a very special "you are welcome" to Jennifer and Adrienne over at the very famous My Adoption Website. Everyone in the China adoption program knows who they are. They have created the best adoption online journals ever! I was so flattered tonight when I logged on and saw my name and a picture of precious Adrienne in her Matilda Jane hat. Jennifer ordered a hat at my sister's party and I sent it to her this week. She looks adorable in it just like I knew she would! I really feel like I am famous now that MY name is mentioned on her site. Seriously, I have checked their site every day for almost the last 3 years. I learned so much about adopting internationally from reading the beautiful journals of the many families who have used their services. I have recently been in contact with Jennifer and she is the sweetest person. I had to finally write her one day and tell her how much I appreciated all that her and her husband Joe do for all of us families who have adopted or are in the process. They are like China adoption royalty! They are in the process of adopting their second daughter from China right now. What is special about that is that while we were in China adopting Myah we logged onto their site to see a picture of Adrienne mailing in the paperwork starting the journey to her little sister. We pray that their wait gets shorter and shorter, they are the best parents to little Adrienne! Here is the picture that Jen sent me of sweet Adrienne modeling her new hat, to quote her she said she loves it " eighteen hundred thousand million!" Wow, she must really like it!!!
****The web address is http://www.myadoptionwebsite.com/ and the hat is my favorite designer found at http://www.matildajaneclothing.com/ or also you may email Stacey and she will help you with your order her email address is staceyt@matildajaneclothing.com
tell her that I sent you! The hat that Myah is wearing on my header is also MJC. I just took some beautiful pictures this weekend of my nieces in their MJC outfits too, having a few computer problems this week and will post them when I get it fixed. My hat like this is on backorder too, must have been a big hit!

13 comments:

DiJo said...

Leslie,
OMG - Adrienne looks precious in that hat!!!! I have to get Ruby to wear one of those too!!!! Jen and Joe are dear to me. They traveled with us in "Journey to Mei Mei - Ruby Mei!" Their site was such an encouragment to me while I waited. And, such a gift to us and our family and friends when we were in China! Thank you for writing this lovely, and so deserving post, about them! How I wish we could all meet some day!
Blessings,
Diana

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! I saw "the hat" earlier this evening and was going to e-mail Jennifer to ask where she got it! Can you share the info for ordering one?? :)

Heather said...

I love her hat that much too! (How sweet does she look???) We are waiting for Em's - it was backordered:(

Leslie - I think you are famous, with your two beautiful children, your sweet, giving heart, your fabulous photography, etc., you are a friend and role model, to me that makes you famous!

Heather

Lori said...

How nice Leslie, Adrienne does look adorable in that gorgeous hat!!
I'll have to go over and see your name!! :)

Christy said...

How adorable!! You make hats?? YOu must share more info on this. Love that hat and what an amazingly cute little girl! Love the dimples.

Have a great week!

Christy :)

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Love that hat!! I'd really like to read the website. Can you share the address?

Stefanie said...

You are SO right! Joe and Jen are the BEST and I am hooked on following all the families on myadoptionwebsite!! That hat is darling... and as usual, Adrienne is gorgeous!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie,

Even though I don't have a site there, I love reading the different families that do and think Joe & Jen's work is stunning. You've given them such a sweet tribute.

You also had the most terrific, heartfelt thankful Thursday post. Never make apologies about being sincere, sentimental, and downright sweet!!!

Thank you for sharing...

Have a lovely week,
Lisa

Danielle Moss said...

That is so sweet Leslie. That had is adorable and of course Adrienne is gorgeous. She is really a stunning little girl!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Hugs,

Danielle

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

You were so kind to bring MJ to us! I LOVE the hat but I need to know how to get Kate to keep it on her head! Our whole family tried clapping for her last night if she would keep it on. It worked for one minute! Maybe she is too young? Gorgeous photo. I finally got around to updating my blog links and I added you. I think I aksed you a long time ago. let me know if that is not okay. Hugs,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Dear Leslie,

I hope it is appropriate to thank you here . . . Oh my, your message was just too, too generous! I don't even know what to say - so I'll just humbly say a huge thank you! I agree with Heather . . . you have such beautiful children, you are so talented and are a friend and inspiration to the adoption community! I check your blog faithfully and enjoy your posts so much.

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments.

Very gratefully,

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I love the hot that Adrienne is wearing. It is so beautiful. Where did you get it, I would love to get one for my Emilee

Staci Jospey

Jospey@aol.com

Football and Fried Rice said...

I saw that hat this morning on myadoptionwebsite (sweet Adrienne is always stunning!) and when Jennifer thanked "Leslie"..I wracked my brain trying to figure out WHICH Leslie..SO funny..thanks for the links!! Thanks for the great tips on cute clothes!