Thursday, October 25, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Here is Taylor being "slippery" as the paper called it!

Wow, Thursday already! I guess by looking at the calendar it has been a week hasn't it?! I am feeling very blessed this week for many reasons. I am thankful for:

-Mark, for once again picking up the slack around here while I am taking more pictures than ususal. For the beautiful red roses on Sweetest Day. For helping with science projects, Halloween snacks, and making sure I had time to get my hair done! Bless you! My grays were taking over! Also for scooping the ice cream on the nights you are off!
-Dayton, for staying up late with me to watch old family videos on a school night. We needed that didn't we? For doing a great job on your bridge project! Way to go!
-Myah, for another successful try on the big girl potty! We were so proud of you! For recognizing me on the old videos ( when I was much younger, skinnier,etc..) and waving at me through the tv!
-Aunt Ginger, she called me today and thanked me for all of the messages on this blog, she says she can feel the prayers working! She sounds amazingly positive, she is so strong and has kept her sense of humor. I can't tell you how much it meant to me to hear from you today, I still get teary eyed thinking about you. You are so sweet and such an inspiration to me! She told me to do my breast exam, she is calling her sisters every month now on the 20th to remind them, I think we should all do the same in honor of her! Her chemo will start next month, Uncle Billy is having surgery also next month so I am sure they could use all of our prayers. So thankful that you called!
-Phyllis (my mother in law) and Lon, I am thankful that you have found happiness together. We look forward to your wedding on Saturday.
-Cindy, for getting me in at a moments notice, you are such a special and dear friend. I love catching up with you even if you do call people a chicken (ha ha).
-Mel, for all of the adorable clothes that you gave Myah, she sure needs them! Also for drumming up more business for me, thank you so much! I love our late night talks, even though we don't share a bedroom anymore, we still stay up late talking, at least mom and dad can't yell at us now!
-For the purses that my cousin Sheri sent up to me, they made me so happy, thank you for doing that for me!
-For the can opener that Sheri W. sent me today, she saw me struggling with my old one, what a cute surprise! Thank you!
-For Debbie and Kurt's awesome party on Saturday, they are the most generous people I know. Thank you so much for Everything!!!! We had fabulous time! So glad you are staying here for the winter! Also thankful for little Felicia, what a miracle!
-For all of the good people of California who are dealing with the devastating fires, God bless you.
-For little Evan who made it home safely from China last week, can't wait to (set you up with my daughter someday), I mean meet you!
-For the computer doctor who fixed my laptop this week, boy did I miss it, especially with so much work to do on it!
-For Ms. Tiffany, thank you so much for being such a great teacher to Myah, she loves you ! We can't wait till the next session begins.
-For my nephew Taylor's very exciting win last week, earning a trip to the play-offs this week! Go Blue Devils!
-For all of you who continue to share in our lives and encourage us daily, we are so thankful for each and every one of you. Watch for a very special 100th post coming very soon, my little way of saying thank you for all of your support!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I love your lists - they are so genuine and sweet! Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!

Hugs,
Heather

Heather said...

The one about Aunt Ginger touched me the most - so glad our prayers are helping her to feel so positive, what an amazing woman.

Heather

Christy said...

WOW do you have a lot to be thankful for. Doesnt it trip you out to realize how blessed we all are? We, individually but also as a nation, are so tremendously blessed!!

Christy :)

Sheri said...

Glad you liked the can opener! I'm not very creative and crafty, but I'm practical. ;) Thanks for the update on Aunt Ginger. I'll continue to pray for her during this difficult time coming up with chemo treatments. I'm happy the "doctor" fixed your computer--we need your blogs!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

You have outstanding lists, Leslie. So much to be thankful for.

I am glad it was a good week for you and to hear of your Aunt Ginger's progress.

All the best,
Lisa

Lori said...

Leslie,
loved reading your list as always, I feel like I'm getting to know your friends and family! :)
Thanks for sharing all your blessings.
I can just see Myah waving at you on the tv, so cute!!