Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Old Mission Peninsula

Overlooking one of the orchards at the winery, the beautiful Lake Michigan in the background
It was so cold and windy at the lighthouse
Believe it or not, this all used to be underwater, pretty sad!
Miss Myah modeling her new Old Navy jacket for you!

This past weekend we drove up north for a tour of the fall colors. We saw some of the most beautiful trees that I have ever seen, unfortunately, I was doing most of the driving so I didn't capture any images. Just take my word for it, you would have oooh and ahhhhed! We did stop at the Old Mission Lighthouse, I have visited this since I was a young girl and always love to take our family there. It is a special place also because it happens to be located on the 45th parallel, exactly the halfway point between the equator and the north pole. There are many wineries and orchards on the peninsula, it is breathtaking. The colors weren't at their peak just yet but the views were still awesome. It was very cold but a refreshing change, the beginning of last week it was 90 degrees, on the weekend it was 37 degrees in the morning, fall is here! Yeah!!!!!

6 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

These are beautiful! I love Myah's new coat:) Thinking of you.

Kim

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I have always wanted to go to Michigan. It is one of the few states I haven't been to. It looks like you had a beautiful, peaceful trip. I am glad the weather is cooling down for you--especially so Myah can wear her fall/winter line. That coat is wonderful!

Thanks for sharing~
Lisa

Sheri said...

Yeah -- you finally took your color tour! Looks like you had a great time. Myah's coat looks adorable on her -- but of course, everything looks adorable on her.

Christy said...

I LOVE those pics. THey are so amazingly beautiful!! We dont get the fall colors like you guys do and I always am facinated by them. Just beautiful!! LOVE Myah's jacket. Im going to old Navy tomorrow to check it out. Very cute!!

Christy :)

Lori said...

Oh, I take your word for it, I'm sure I would have oohh and aahh the whole way, I miss being up North this time of year! Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures and Miss Maya's coat is gorgeous on her!!

Stefanie said...

Okay, Old Navy needs to be paying you for those adorable pics!! Too cute! And I *think* I'm jealous that fall has arrived in your neck of the woods... but 37 degrees? The 80s suddenly don't sound so bad! ;)