Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Hollyhock Dolls





When I was a little girl my grandma showed me how to make little "dolls" out of her hollyhocks, something she had done as a little girl. I love hollyhocks and have planted a few in our yard, luckily the wind blows the seeds for me and they multiply each year. They are in full bloom right now, I never know where I will see little plants sprouting. I saw an article in a backyard magazine about these cute little dolls and I decided to make a few for Myah. All you need to make your own are toothpicks and two blossoms. I love passing down little traditions like this.
Cathy: I purchased the papers from Shabby Miss Jenn, the package is called Paris Flea Market.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Those are precious! Maybe I need to plant some Holyhocks :D

Lori said...

How sweet, I love hollyhocks, they're such delicate and pretty flowers.
These pictures are pretty too, Myah looks like a sweet hollyhock doll herself, so delicate and pretty. :)

Heather said...

Myah does look like a sweet hollyhock herself - she is so precious. Your posts are so charming, i just love the pictures!

heather

3 Peanuts said...

So cute.

Thnaks for listening today..and undertsanding. I so appreciate it. Hugs,

Kim

Jewels of My Heart said...

I used to make them when I was a little girl too... what memories it brings back. Love the pics.
I need to plant some hollyhocks.

Christy said...

Myah really looks like a doll next to that flower!! She is just so adorable-- beautiful!!!

Christy :)