Thursday, October 4, 2007

Prayer request and Thankful Thursday

I ask you to please say a special prayer today for Mark's Aunt Ginger. On last Friday she was diagnosed with breast cancer and this Friday is having a double mastectomy. We are all very saddened by this news as Ginger is the sweetest lady and we love her dearly. My heart has been breaking all week for her and I just want her to know how much we love her and will be praying for her comfort as she deals with this illness. We found out on Monday, ironically that was the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I plan on wearing pink on Friday in support of Aunt Ginger. If you looked up the word sweetheart in the dictionary this is what you would see beside it:
Be strong Aunt Ginger and know that we love you and are praying for you!

In light of all that has taken place this week, I am going to keep my list short. Sometimes the little things seem so trivial in times like this.
I am thankful for:
Mark, for being my rock in troubled times, for taking care of me when I am weak, for loving me with all of your heart always and forever.
Dayton, for your kind and gentle heart. For being my son and also my friend.
Myah, for adding a very special branch to our family tree. You filled a huge void in all of our lives.
For Sophie's sucessful heart surgery.
For my special friend (you know who you are) who received bad news on Monday too, I am praying for your family. I am very thankful for your friendship.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!! Please know your aunt is in our prayers and we will also be wearing pink the Friday in her honor! Hugs & prayers, Lilli & June

Christy said...

I will keep her in my prayers. Thanks for posting!!!

Christy :)

Snowflowers Mum said...

We will wear pink on Friday and say a special prayer for your Aunt Ginger.(lovely name by the way)

Hayley & Piper

Lori said...

I will add Aunt Ginger to my prayer list, of course!
Be strong Aunt Ginger and know that many will be thinking about you and praying for you and your family.
Thanks for sharing your thankfulness Leslie, as always, it reminds me of how blessed we all are each day.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

May God bless your aunt with peace, hope, and healing during this very trying time. She is blessed to be surrounded by such a loving family.

Praying,
Lisa

Heather said...

So sorry to hear about Aunt Ginger. Such a sweet list and so tender with hope right now. Saying lots of prayers and sending some hugs out there!

Heather

Dawn said...

Aunt Ginger will be on my prayer list. I hope she will be able to feel the prayers around her as she goes in for surgery. Thank you for reminding all of us to be thankful for each day.

Blessings
Dawn

Danielle Moss said...

I am praying.

Thanks so much for the talk tonight. I loved talking with you. I looked on my cell phone - can you believe we spoke for almost an hour, and then for another 30 minutes?! What's so sad is that during our 30 minute conversation, I was driving from J's to my house. It's maybe (at the most) 5 miles away.

Love that LA traffic. So glad we were able to talk. Let's do it again soon.

xoxo

Nana said...

Just think of the good God will bring from Ginger's cancer----We are a big family to start supporting breast cancer research, etc.!!

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

I am praying for Aunt Ginger. SO sorry. Hope all goes well.

Kim