Friday, October 19, 2007

Happy Anniversary Melanie and Chris!

Mr. and Mrs. Finally
I was her Matron of Honor, I cried the whole way down the aisle, I didn't even do that at my own wedding!

Today is my sister Melanie and her husband Chris' 11th anniversary. They had a very romantic Sweetest Day, candle-lit, evening wedding. My sister is the best wedding/event planner that I know, seriously she can do things that I didn't know were possible! People have told her they look like "Hollywood weddings". She is also very resourceful and reasonable. Unfortunately, she is no longer accepting clients, unless they are her children or my children, sorry folks! Like the song says "life happened" and she is busy raising her family. When it came to doing her own wedding, she had every detail planned, pictures showing exactly what she wanted and had envisioned. It was beautiful. We laugh at a few of the little blips that her florist "screwed up" claiming that it was Sweetest Day and there was a shortage of red roses. Mel had a huge crush on Chris all through high school, he thought of her as just his good buddy. I can't tell you the nights that we would be up in our room and all she would talk about was Chris this and Chris that. He moved away after high school, she started dating someone else for 4 years who wasn't the greatest love of her life. One day after Chris returned back home, he heard her name, asked for her number, called her up, met her at a park to talk and told her he was going to marry her some day. We know God had a plan for these two. She came home, told my mom about her "meeting" said goodbye to the boyfriend and they were married within a year. Love happened! Best Wishes to you both today! We love you!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Sweet post Leslie. What a romantic story they have!
You both look lovely and your sister looks like a princess!!
Happy 11th to them!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Anniversary:=) What a sweet story!

Sheri said...

What a sweet way Mel and Chris got together. I'm glad to hear that Chris' mom is doing somewhat better.

Thanks for the impromptu sleepover and your wonderful hospitality. We had a great time as usual!

Danielle Moss said...

Happy Anniversary to your sister! I'm sure the weddings she has planned have been beautiful. Her daughter's party looked amazing. I especially loved the invitations. And you know how much I love that cute CD case cover :)

Hope you're having a great weekend.

xoxo,

Danielle

Aimee said...

What a great love story! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Heather said...

I love a good love story - so happy they are happy! Thanks for sharing a tender moment with us:)

heather

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Anniversary to them! I hope she reads the comments because I wanted to thank Melanie for the adorable pin!! Thank you Melanie!

Kim