Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday Ellie!

It's a party!
Robin and Ellie preparing the cupcakes
Isn't Ellie just precious!
This is Ellie pointing to her daddy on the special video
Mary with Sarah and Myah, she helps weave the red threads together.

Myah and I drove to the west side today to visit with Ellie and Sarah and their mommies. I have always referred to these ladies as my adoption buddies, we were there for each other through the good and bad moments in our adoption and I love them and their families so much. It was Ellie's 2nd birthday today and Robin had the cutest little table set up just for the girls. While we were there a package arrived that contained a video that Robin had made for Ellie. We all sat and watched it with tears streaming down our faces. It was priceless and I sure want to thank Robin for sharing it with us. After leaving Robin's house Sheri and I went to a few adorable shops and we decided to stop by Adoption Associates to vist Mary. Mary had been to Hubei with us and was there for our gotcha day and she was a very important part of our adoption. It was fun to take the girls into that building where we saw their faces for the first time. Thank you ladies for a great day! Wish I lived closer! Happy Birthday sweet Ellie!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog, I was wondering where you purchased your set of papers/embelishments? I know Danielle designed it, but where was it purchased? Thanks so much!! Cathy

Christy said...

I just saw Ellies birthday party on her site and I just think that was awesome!! How great that you made the trip to spend a special day with friends. Watching the video would have put me over the crying edge-- im a sucker for Gotcha video's. Anyway, glad you had a good day!

Christy :)

Sheri said...

It sure was a great day! Thanks for making the trip over here. We love you!

~Sheri

Lori said...

How wonderful that you all have each other, I hope I can have that too! :)
The little party is just darling, all three girls are so adorable.

Heather said...

Oh, so great that you have that close network. Really spectacular for the girls (and the mommies:-)

Sounds like a perfect day!

Heather

Robin said...

Thanks so much for driving this way yesterday! It was a special day, made even more special by spending it with you and Myah, Sheri and Sarah! Thank you for Ellie's little coat(which was totally unecessary, but absolutley adorable!) Pink and brown, I love it! Ellie was talking about "Mynah:) and Sarah" all night. Watching that video has brought back so many memories, if it weren't for these little girls we may have never met! We truly count your friendship a blessing in our life! Hugs!
Robin