Thursday, October 18, 2007

Better late than never Thankful Thursday

Wow, this week was a blur, still lots to be thankful for. I love doing this because it makes me take the time out of my crazy week and actually "think" about things and all that is going on in my life. I know many of you just like me are running from place to place, cooking, cleaning, changing diapers, looking for sippie cup lids, praying that I make it to the gas station, and staying up past my bedtime just to get some quiet time. Thankfully for Thursdays I make time to think about the special people in my life, the big things and the little things that I might take for granted. Sometimes I re -read these just as a reminder of what has been going on in my life, time goes too fast, these help keep me real.
So here goes this weeks edition of what I am thankful for:
-Mark, I always name you first because I feel like you are the one I take for granted daily, you ask for the least and give the most. I am thankful for you supporting me all week while I am swamped with taking pictures, for hanging out with Myah while I went shopping with Linda, for appreciating my cooking (no laughing here!), for picking up my slack this week! Love you so much!
-Dayton, for getting an awesome progress report, for watching Myah while I took pictures, for a great talk that we had, boy you are wise beyond your years, I have so much to learn from you. For loving your new life group at church and saying it was awesome! I love you so much!
-Myah, for becoming "sweet" finally! I love hearing you say "thank you momma," "bless you momma" when I sneeze, and " I love you momma" . You are my daughter now and forever, I love you so much!
-For my parents, who have always been so supportive of me, and always my biggest fans, thanks for the Sunday night talks, you always make me laugh till I cry! I love you so much!
-For my Grandma A., I loved our talk today, you are the best Grandma in the world, so sweet and giving, always putting everyone's needs before your own. You are pure sunshine to me! I love you so much!
-For my Grandpa, thanks for letting us drop in on you last weekend, it does my heart good to spend time with you, I miss seeing you as often now that you live farther away. You are such a sweetheart. I love you so much!
-For great times spent with sweet ladies this week, Linda, Lisa, Sheri, you are all the nicest and kindest women. I am very lucky to have you all in my life! I love you so much!
-For Aunt Ginger. Even though her news wasn't good, she maintains a positive attitude, please pray for her as she starts her aggressive treatment this week. I love her so much!
-For Margaret, I am thankful that she is stable, please pray that her lungs don't bleed again, she is a wonderful loving grandma to my little nieces Annabelle and Chloe. I love her so much!
-For my favorite show "The Office" for making me laugh out loud this week! (ok I am done with the i love u's)
-For my Matilda Jane order that arrived! Yeah! Cute clothes for the darlings, hope all of you ladies who ordered have received your packages!
-For Robins' brownie recipe, they are delicious and I have had to share it with new addicts!
-For the glorious fall colors that are popping up all over the place, the view out my window is of bright red maple trees, oooohh I love that!!!! (sorry that one needs an i luv u)
-For my Aunt Mary who prints these off for my Grandma, she told me today about how you do that for her! I love you too!
-For the stickers that Danielle sent to the kids, I am still finding them all over the place, Myah found one today on the staircase, peeled it off and stuck it on her shirt, she loves them and is showing her "green" side by recycling! Thanks Danielle, we love you too!
-For the great advice from Kim, my personal counselor (wink) I appreciate your thoughtful words! Love you too!
-For the amazing story that Susan shared with me today, brought me to tears, thank you so much for sharing this with me, it changed the way I look at things all over again! ( I have a feeling I will love you soon too!)

Sorry for the mushy mushy entries, but it is my blog and I can do what I want to. If you don't like it, get your own. Just kidding, gosh you didn't think I could be THAT mean did you!?

5 comments:

Heather said...

Great list - lots and lots to be thankful for!!

Sorry to hear about Aunt Ginger, but hoping her positive attitude provides needed healing.

Thankful for you today - we got part of our Matilda Jane and LOVE it!! I am hooked - you are the sweetheart who introduced me to a brand new obsession:) My husband will be thrilled.

Have a blessed weekend.

Heather

Lori said...

Haha Leslie, I've thought that same thing many times about my blog and things I've written or wanted to write! :D

Anyway back to the list...what a grateful heart you have, and it sounds like a lot going on, but it's a great example to me to stop and be grateful for big and small. :)
I have been praying for your Aunt Ginger and your family throughout this week.
You have such a giving family. :)
Sending a big hug!

Danielle Moss said...

Aww I'm so honored that I made the list and I'm glad Myah had fun with the stickers.

I know that things are hard right now, but I am so glad that you know how blessed you really are. I didn't think this post was mushy. I think right now more than ever you need to express how blessed you are!

Love,

Danielle

Anonymous said...

You're very welcome. It changed me also.

3 Peanuts said...

Hi Leslie,

I too feel thankful for you. I wished we lived closer because you are so sweet and so easy to tlak to you.

Thank you for coordinating the Matilda Jane orders. I LOVE it. Bummed that one dress is too small but will exchange it ASAP.

Now I need to get Katei Ru to keep that hat on!

I am praying for Aunt Ginger. Sounds like a great week with Mark, Dayton and Myah.

Kim