Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Sis!

Thirty six years ago today my whole world changed, my parents brought my little sister Melanie home. I could have never dreamt at my little age of 2 what a little sister could possibly bring into my life. I have since learned a few things.

It means mom shares her time with you...


It means Great Grandma's lap can hold 2 of us now.
It means we will be dressed alike on many occasions throughout our lives.
It means you will wear the costume I wouldn't be caught dead in!

It means we share our favorite clothes with each other, especially the Camp Beverly Hills and Coca Cola ones.


It means you finish the last two years of high school and not be called "Leslie's little sister" all of the time.
It means we will share lots of hairspray! It means that someone will sit on your bed with you and console you after your boyfriend moves away and you have cried all day. It means you have someone to get in accidents with!
It means you have someone to stand beside you on the most important day of your life....
And she asks you to do the same. It means she won't tell you that you are starting to look fat in that bridesmaid dress when you don't know that you are pregnant yet! It means she will hold your tiny newborn baby for the first time and tell you how fabulous you look moments after you delivered. And she is the most excited person in the room!

It means she will let you in the room when she holds her baby for the first time too!


It means you have a best friend for life.

Happy Birthday Melanie!!!!


10 comments:

Melanie said...

Well that settles it...the weight I lost in hairspray I gained everywhere else. You got to love hormone replacement!!!!! I am cracking up at the Raggedy Ann costume. I cannot believe how much Chloe and Annabelle remind me of us. Thanks for the memories!!!
You are the best sister in the world. I love you!!!!!!

ww said...

What a great post - hilarious and touching! I also sent you an email. Happy Birthday to your sister, Wendy

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Melanie! (I'll go visit her next!) What a very sweet post Leslie, and what a lucky girl you are to have such a special life-long, forever friend! :)
Such fun pictures, especially love the hairspray one! :)

Kim said...

This post is so sweet! I want a sister too! However, I don't think my mom could pull this one off anymore :-(

I'll have to stop over and wish her a happy birthday on her site.

Dawn said...

What a sweet post...I love all your memories, and some I could totally relate too...if only I had had a sister :)

Happy Birthday to Melanie!

Sheri said...

What a special post in honor of Melanie! What a blessing to share the bond the two of you have. Happy Birthday Melanie!!

Colleen said...

Ohhh having 2 sisters I just LOVED this post! So sweet! I had so much fun looking at all the photos. What fun and special memories! Isn't it funny to look back and see how much we tortured our sisters;)lol

Virginia said...

Oh wow..does that ever bring back memories of the clouds of Aqua Net hairspray in the girls bathroom in highschool. What nice tribute to your sister,too. Happy Birthday Melanie

Gin =)

DiJo said...

What a great tribute to sisters, big hair, fashion!!!!
And, one of my favorite all time movie songs!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
Diana

3 Peanuts said...

That is the sweetest post!!!!!! Happy belated b-day to Melanie.
Kim