Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Explorer Drama

Do I really need more drama in my life? I mean I live with the drama queen and my hubby deals with dramatic situations every day, I have a teenager, ( need I say more on that subject), now the vehicles are turning against me! Mark's explorer that we bought 6 months ago, used from one of his officers went to the car doctor yesterday, not good news. Please remove your hats gentlemen for this news, it needs a new engine! Seriously, a new engine!!!!!!!!!?????? All we did was take a 5 minute drive to DQ for an ice cream cone because it was raining out and the kids and I were getting stir crazy. That is all it took I guess, maybe it was jealous because we didn't get it anything, not sure. I knew it was bad when the neighbor who knows everything about cars came over and said he had never heard a noise like "that". Then our friend Randy came over to help tow us to the car doctor and he said the same thing. See a pattern here? My goodness, what do we do? I guess a guy at the DPW where Mark works says he can find a used engine with about 20,000 miles on it. Our Explorer only has 85,000 on it. It was the first used car that we have ever purchased, I have a phobia of not having a warranty on cars, we drive a-lot and so that is just something that has always giving us security. Our first used car and it needs a new engine in 6 months time! We have the worst luck with everything, always have. So if we seem a little down and frustrated this week, don't take it personally, we are stressed. And we only have one car right now. Bless Randy's heart, he is letting Mark use his old truck for a few days. After that, not sure what we are going to do. Mark is such a worry-wort and this is not good for him, he is really stressing right now. My job is to keep him laughing and calm. He is such a hard worker and is the provider for our family, I don't know how he makes everything work but he does, bless his heart.
Well, that is all for now, just thought you might send a prayer up for us today, we could use it! Oh and say one for the Explorer too, I am sure it is missing us and wonders why we left it with a stranger in a strange place.

3 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

So sorry for your vehicle woes. Sending a hug and blessings your way!

Erin said...

I am truly so sorry for you... car troubles are really stressful, and can spill over into other things too. Hope it gets better... but it sounds like you only have bad choices right now.

Jill said...

bad luck? a lot? are we related? are you sure? we seem to have that here too........LOL....hugs

p.s. my "blog life" is all suuny too.. :)