Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ballerina Girl





On Monday Myah began Dance Class! I have waited so long to have a little girl that can take dance! She was super excited and actually slept in her leotard when we first brought it home. She is in pre-dance for 3 and 4 year olds. She is learning a little ballet and tap at the same time. At first she went right in, I wondered how long she would last. The assistant was trying to move her legs and arms like the teacher was showing and I could see her shaking her head "no". That is the Myah I know! After that she came over to me with a big pout and tears. So we sat in the room and watched together for a while. The teacher then brought out a balance beam and the mats and I knew she wanted to join in. So I told her I would give her a whole pack of gum if she went out there. A little bribe but it worked like a charm, she sprang right up and joined in the fun. She was so cute! Half way through they yell "tap shoes" and the little girls all run to us mommies to put the shoes on for them. Boy did it get loud quickly! She was very proud of herself and kept looking at me for approval and to make sure I was still watching her. She has a friend in the class so I think that will help. She loved it and came home and showed the guys what she had learned. She looked so little out there, normally in a crowd of her peers she is the big one. I think she will get lots of one on one because many of the girls have been through this class before, she needs a little coaching. She didn't do anything before asking "what is that" or "why", typical Myah!
Forgive these awful pictures, I wasn't sure if photos were allowed so I just took the wimpy camera along. Trust me, I will have pictures! Actually just today I did a mini photo shoot with her in the back yard and am very happy with the results. I will post those later.

6 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

These pictures are cute!! I wish I was in dance - maybe that would be just the exercise i need :)

Myah is a dolly in her tights & leotard!

Sheri said...

Oh my, this is just too cute! Myah is just precious in her pink leotard and tights. I know what you mean about waiting a long time to do this. I can't wait to get Sarah started. It was great talking to you today. We miss you guys so much.

Stefanie said...

Oh, I just LOVE how sweet little girls look in their tights and leotards... our girls started gymnastics and I could just eat them up in those little outfits :) Myah looks adorable, as always... glad to hear she warmed up in the class! And I can't WAIT to see the results of that photo shoot!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

She is adorable!! Olivia started dance too! I love her long sleeved leotard.

~Lynn

Lori said...

what a sweetie! Nothing like a little girl in a pink leotard! :)

Heather said...

GUM!! Brilliant!! She is precious and there is just nothing like a little girl in dance class:)

So happy that Myah had a good time!

Heather