Monday, September 15, 2008

Where did the week go?


Oh my, with all of the craziness of car troubles around here it really makes me realized how much we are on the go. Having 2 cars is a must! I did get kind of crafty for the few days that I was house-bound though! I don't know about where you are but we have had some major rain here this weekend, we had record amounts of rainfall, seems Ike made its way to the north. Please say a prayer for my friend Kim at 3 Peanuts, she and her family just moved to Houston and were right in Ike's path, they left their apartment ( haven't had time to buy a house yet) and headed out of town. Who knows what they will find upon their return.

This was a week full of birthdays! I am party pooped! I just uploaded pictures from my both of my cameras and realized how many places we have visited over the past week, whew!! I have to journal on here or I will forget by tonight! Here it goes:
Myah and I made an impromptu visit to my cousin Jed's house last weekend, he and his wife Annie had their first child in April. This is our first time meeting little Alaina. She was so tiny! I have a cute video of Myah holding her that I will have to post later. I could just eat her up with those huge big eyes. This also made me realize how old I am getting, I remember clearly when Jed was born, I was 12! Now he is a father. For the record, I am patting her back!


Myah loves being a big cousin!

Dayton went to his friend Zack's paintball party. They own lots of property and have a great set up for paintball, Dayton said it was the most fun he has ever had!

I was able to celebrate my Dad's birthday with him, it was a super quick trip but so glad that I could. I have a cute video of his birthday cake too but will post that later too! This is me and my sister Melanie with my parents and our girls.

We went to Taylor's football game and enjoyed ourselves before he got hurt. His birthday was the next day too!

On Saturday we were honored to attend Mrs. Wallace's 80th birthday celebration. She and her husband were my grandparents best friends forever. Since my grandma passed away 6 years ago I have tried to make an effort to keep in touch with them. Mr. Wallace passed away a year and a half ago. We love her like family and we were so glad that we could share this special day with her. Her son made a beautiful toast and said that when Mr. W. passed away during the dinner after the funeral Mrs. W. said "your dad would have liked this, all of his friends and family together in one place" So he said they decided to throw her a grand 80th so that she could experience this joy in her lifetime. So many tears and laughs. Myah just loves her and keeps calling her Grandma. Mrs. W. reminds me so much of my grandmother. They traveled the world together and shopped all of the time, so many things in her home are the same things that my grandma had. It does my heart good to have a place like that to visit to remind me of how things used to be. I miss it!

I just love her to pieces! Such a classy lady! Mark lived with them when he first moved down here almost 20 years ago, he was right out of college and was hired as a police officer. They lovingly opened their beautiful home to him so he could get acquanited with the area. Dayton took alot of pride in knowing he was now taller than Mrs W!

After her party we went to the home of one of Mark's officers. He has an annual fish fry and invites alot of the guys from the department. It was fun catching up with everyone. Myah loved playing with all of her little friends. Little Allie was adopted from South Korea a few years ago, Myah was so cute with her. Dayton had a blast playing in the rain with the kids, they were soaked at the end of the night.


This is Paul, Rachel and Dayton , yes Rachel is taller than Paulie and Dayton! She is 5'8"! The boys were trying to be goofy and stand on their tippie toes!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow, what a week you've had!! No wonder you are never home when I call. I miss you girly, and I'm thankful I can keep in touch through your blog. We need to get together soon. Invisible Myah was here today playing with Sarah. Did you miss her?

Lori said...

Wow, busy week! Happy Birthday to your Dad!!