Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Getting ready for dance.Miss Tiffany and Myah in their matching shirts. Scott, Dayton, Mark and Myah, after dinner.
Chloe, Myah and Annabelle showing off their fall tree projects I helped them with.
Dr. Shannon and Myah, finally meet!
Myah loved the little kitty at the petting farm.


And the chickens!
Whitney and Myah sharing the moon cakes that Shannon sent for them. Yes, Myah is almost as tall as Whitney and she is two years younger!
Not a great picture but this is her first day at her "school". It was exciting because it is now in the same elementary school where Dayton went and Myah will eventually attend.
Waiting for Daddy to come home for a tea party.




My lack of posting is not due to lack of things to post about that is for sure, we are so busy lately, I have NO free time whatsoever, no lie! Trying to keep up around here is getting more and more difficult. Dayton has tons of homework each night and we try to not answer phones, emails or anything during that time, last night he had 3 hours of homework, fun times. Especially with Mark on midnights, the homework and Myah's needs are all mine to figure out. I have dropped into bed the last few nights at 9:30, if you know me, I can usually stay up till midnight with no problem. Myah is loving her dance class and is really starting to join in and participate. So much fun for this momma! She makes sure I see every move she makes too! She gets so excited when Mondays roll around, this week she put her whole ensemble on all by herself, tights and "tard" (leotard) as she calls it. She also started her Playgroup again, she loves going to "class", I love the interaction with the other mommies too.



We finally got Mark's Explorer back on Friday! We are so thankful for a good mechanic and Mark's connections. Three weeks without it really put our lives in a tailspin that is for sure. We all went up north this past weekend so that Dayton could do the youth hunt with my dad. He didn't get anything but enjoyed staying with Grandma and Grandpa all weekend. Mark and I stayed at my sisters house and watched the three girls for the weekend while they went up to Mackinac Island for the weekend to celebrate her birthday. She has not seen him at all this summer, he has been gone with work and hasn't been home at all. The girls were very good for us, just busy! A 4,3,and 2 year old can keep you running that is for sure. Plus the fact that I am a neat freak doesn't help matters, I was trying to keep up with the messes. On top of that I decided to organize her laundry room and bedroom closet. Mark hooked up their new computer, hung an under the cabinet cd player and mowed their 5 acre lawn. We are beat!!



On Monday we were invited by my neighbor Linda to her workplace, she works at the U in Nuclear Medicine research. They were having a luncheon for a co worker and asked if we would like to come and finally meet Shannon, the doctor that she works with who always gives Myah the Chinese gifts on all of the Chinese holidays. Ever since we brought Myah home Shannon would send little gifts through Linda, she even gave us some beautiful silver pieces of baby jewelry that have been in her family. We were thrilled to finally meet her, she was so sweet and very excited to see Myah. A few other Chinese ladies came over to her and were trying to speak Chinese to Myah and she just looked at them funny. I am not sure she understood anything, although she did smile alot. We live in a very diverse area and Shannon gave me some great information on Chinese schools in the area. I would love to enroll Myah in the Chinese dance and language classes.



We also had a few special visitors last week, our good friend Scott came down on Thursday and took my guys to the Tiger's game. He and Mark turned 40 within a few days of each other, he is also Dayton's Godfather, this was his gift to them both. He and Mark went to college together and were roommates. It was so good to see him. The guys were excited because 8 homeruns were hit during the game! Dayton missed school that day (hence all the makeup homework), poor little guy has had some major dental work done over the past 2 weeks and he is finally able to eat again. I need to fatten him up! So I didn't feel too bad letting him miss school, he had not felt good all week due to the pain.



We also had a sweet visit from Miss Tiffany, she was Myah's teacher last year. She has become such a dear friend to both of us! She had the cutest green striped shirt on and it reminded Myah of Blues Clues so she went up into her closet and put on her matching (used to be Dayton's long ago) shirt. So funny! Thank you Tiffany for the sunflowers and delicious brownies, they did not last long! Tiffany and I have alot in common and even lived in the same apartment complex when we were first married, I almost remember her, I worked in the office there at the time.



We also went to a pumpkin patch down the road from our house the other night and no one came out so we finally left, not before we walked around the petting farm though, Myah loves animals and has no fear! It seems like we are always trying to squeeze in family time these days, Mark has been working alot, lots of special meetings and such, he is gone alot and bless his heart he is trying to help out our neighbors with lawn mowing and anything else they need, Ken had major shoulder surgery last month and is having a hard time with recovery.



That is our life in a nutshell, it is now Wednesday and I don't know where the week went! We are nonstop busy! On top of it, I am getting several requests for taking pictures, if you haven't contacted me yet, hurry up, times are filling up fast! I need to get refocused in that department too! My goodness, it is October 1st and I feel like we have been going so crazy since the first of the year with all of the surgeries and dental appointments, remember those? Doesn't time just seem to fly by? I mean, next month I usually put up my Christmas tree!! The leaves are fallling and I am not ready to be cooped up all year. I pray it is not as hard a winter as last year was, maybe that is why I am not looking forward to the cold temperatures! I was a long winter wasn't it!? I am slowly getting the sweaters and long pants out, the nights are getting chilly, I would love to turn the furnace on this morning but I am holding out as long as I can! Well, the timer just went off, that means Myah needs to go sit on the potty, we are still trying to get her potty trained, she is stubborn let me tell you! Sorry for the long post, I have lots of catching up to do!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Go Myah! Go Myah!!!! You can do it! I was hoping that seeing Annabelle (and sometimes Chloe:) use the potty last weekend, might gether more excited about it! Sure would be nice to check that off our lists wouldn't it?
You and Mark did so much for us, we cannot thank you enough. The girls love their art projects!

Dawn said...

WOW...you have been busy! Isn't that homework crazy in middle school and beyond??? My boys are swamped everynight and sports on top of that!

Stefanie said...

Good to catch up with you guys! Sounds like things are really crazy at your house, too :) Hope that homework load gets a bit lighter soon, I can't imagine!
Loved the photo session you had with Myah, the pictures and the subject, as usual, were STUNNING :)

Virginia said...

Phew, I got dizzy just reading this post. How do you do it?

Gin =)

Sheri said...

Wow, you've had a lot going on!! You need a vacation. :)

jennifer said...

Man, that is alot!
I can so relate to the homework thing. It is kicking my butt X 3!!

Anytime you want to come stay at my house, you are more than welcome! My closet is a huge mess!!lol... what a lucky sister!!

Lori said...

You and Mark are always helping others!! You're amazing!
I hope you can get some down time here soon....I wish I lived close to you, I'd come help you!! And then we'd go do some shopping! lol
How wonderful to help your sister and brother-in-law like that! :)