Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Next Michael Ph*elps?

Lately Myah has become obsessed with Michael Phel*ps. Yes, we did watch every race that he swam but most nights she was already asleep before he came on, so I am not sure where this comes from. She has also started doing the splits and told me that she can do them just like "my Chinese friends" (gymnasts). She is cracking us up lately! She begs to wear her swim goggles all of the time, yes, even in public. I usually intercept before this happens, Dayton was horrified the other night before we went into Home Depot, she was begging to wear them and I almost gave in. She is constantly asking "where are my goggles?" We were at Dayton's baseball team's end of the season party and the couple hosting it has a pool, she loved the full face mask and was swimming like a little fish. When we are out on the boat her new thing is to now say "I am like Michael Phelp*s" and she kicks her legs and arms. I think swimming lessons are in our near future!She also has started a new "pose" when I take her picture. These pictures were taken with my whimpy camera, I apologize for the fuzziness! Yesterday I took this video of her and just had to post it. You might want to pause my music at the bottom so you can hear her. Who knows, maybe she is a future olympian!

12 comments:

Leslie said...

What a Cute Michael Ph*elps she makes...LOL. I'm sure Michael would be so honored.

Do you mind sharing what camera you usually shoot with? I just got a Canon Rebel XSI, and hoping one day I'll be able to take beauitufl photo's like you one day.

Virginia said...

She makes silly look so adorable. How funny that she's so taken with Michael Phelps. I wouldn't think many kids her age even knew who he was. That just shows a gifted and unique mind.

Gin =)

Football and Fried Rice said...

A true Olympian for sure!! And way cuter than that other guy!! (LOL!)

Colleen said...

Oh Myah is cracking me up! What a little cutie! Her personality is so much like my Faith's.:)

Sheri said...

Miss Myah is something else!! Never a dull moment with her. :) She is going to be anything she wants to be when she grows up.

fleur de lis cottage said...

Can I just say...she makes goggles look good. So cute!!

Erin said...

Wow, she has really got it going on, that Myah! One of our sons loved goggles too... he liked to wear them with fins everyplace! She is very funny, Leslie--- & you have such a cute laugh!

jennifer said...

So cute!!

Dawn said...

Oh Leslie, she is so cute...It is fun to hear her sweet voice!!

Heather said...

Michael Phelps doesn't hold a candle to Myah!!

Hannah is having goggle infatuation too, what is that??

At any rate she is a cutie, so matter who she is channelling:)

Heather

Lori said...

Oh that's so cute! Go Myah!!

Lori said...

Oh that's so cute! Go Myah!!