Monday, May 26, 2008

It Was a Memorial Weekend

Myah and her buddies Aubrey, Mandy and Joni sitting in the shade at the parade
I always cry at this moment in the parade.
Dayton is in there somewhere.
Can you hear the Sur*vivor music playing?
Dayton thought that Eric was pretty awesome. He is a great role model!
Miss Whitney turns 5!
Our Chinese and Guatemalan party guests!
What would a weekend be without a baseball game!
Our budding chefs!
Myah loved helping me work in the garden, she carried this worm around and cared for him, it was like her first pet, yuk!


This weekend was jammed packed with lots of activities. We started out the weekend with a baseball game Friday night, Mark was working all weekend but it was in the city where he works so he was at least able to bop in and watch the game for a bit. Before the ballgame though we stopped by to visit Miss Whitney and share her 5th birthday with her. I can't belive that she is 5 already. She is so special to our family and Myah just worships her she couldn't wait to see her.


On Saturday the baseball tournament continued so we spent half of the day at the games.Myah loved having 4 little boys (brothers of Dayton's teammates) at her beckon call, they loved her! When we got home, Mark slept before work and I planted 2 flats of impatients while Myah napped. I have never planted so late in the year but with this cold weather it didn't seem appropriate! Dayton had his friend Austin (Whitney's brother) come over for a while and they surprised me by asking if they could make some mac and cheese. They both have a life skills class (like home ec.) right now and have been sewing and cooking. I was cracking up at their conversations, they even were sharing recipes. So funny to see these sweet boys grow into crazy teenagers.


On Sunday I spent the day working in my garden that I started last year with the help of my neighbor Pam. She has her house on the market right now and she is trying to make sure that I get all that I want out of her beautiful garden. I have a beautiful weed garden right now. The weather and baseball games have kept me from working out in it. I am amazed at how nice it looks when I am able to work in it. Today we attended the local Memorial Day parade to watch Dayton play his coronet in the band. It was so much fun, the weather was just beautiful, actually we got up to 84 degrees today! Tomorrow it will be back to 62, figures! We love our little town, every where you go you run into good friends. We were so excited to see Myah's little friend Joni and her family crossing the street so we all sat together and it was so much fun. I could not find Dayton in the band until he was past me, Mark said he got him on video though, I do have a lovely picture of the back of his little head. The highlight of our day was when we spotted a hometown boy who just was on Sur*vivor, Eric. Bless his heart he had it in the bag and the girls tricked him into giving up his immunity necklace to them. I felt so bad that he has been duped the worst player in Sur*vivor history. After the parade he was walking the sidewalks and came up to us and let us take pictures with him and his brother. He was like local royalty, little teenage girls were screaming when he hugged them, it was fun. We asked him about the show and he said he had left after Halloween and came back in December and was not able to say anything until a few weeks ago after the finale. He was very sweet. I hugged him and told him that we thought he should have won and that we were all proud of him. He said "hey I tried"! He was a doll! I thought it was sweet of him to walk around and let everyone share in his excitement with him. After the parade I went to Joanne's and Michael's to get some supplies for Myah's birthday party this Friday. I can't believe our little girl is going to be 3! She helped me plant one more flat of flowers around the house today, she was so funny, she loves getting down and dirty! My sweet hubby turns the big 4-0 on Saturday and Myah will be 3 on Sunday, big huge week for us!!! So I guess I should get going, what am I doing blogging, I have LOTS to do! But not before I go take a long hot bubble bath so I don't smell like my work gloves anymore!

10 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

I am glad that your weekend was so wonderful!!!! Happy Birthday week to Myah and Mark:)

Kim

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a fun-filled weekend. I can't believe Myah didn't mind the worm. Eeww.!!!!!

Two Blue Rooms said...

Hi, Leslie.
Just checking in because it's been a while... I love the new (well, I guess not so new at this point!) look of your blog. And your new blog, too!
It's funny - John's birthday is Thursday, and Evan turns 2 on Sunday. Looks like both of our families will be eating lots of cake in the upcoming week! Happy Birthdays to everyone on your side of town!
Kimberlyn & Evan

Colleen said...

Looks like the perfect Memorial week-end!! We too have several birthdays coming up in June.....starting with Faith's!

Colleen said...

Ohhhh, and I love the worm picture! Too cute!!

Christy said...

WHAT A FUN WEEKEND. LOVE THE WORM PICTURE-- THAT IS JUST WAY TOO CUTE!! I LOVE THAT SHE CARED FOR THE WORM. VERY FUNNY!!!

HOW FUNNY WITH THE SURVIVOR GUY. I THOUGHT HE WAS A GOOD GUY TOO. HE REALLY STUCK TO HIS MORALS-- LOVE THAT!!

CHRISTY :)

Dawn said...

Sounds like a great weekend...Happy Birthday to Mark and Miss Myah. We just finished our round of 3 back to back birthdays, so now it's time for a little break until Lucy's in September!

DiJo said...

Hey Leslie!!!
Just stopping in to say "HI!!!" Happy Birthday to your precious crew!!!

Blessings,
Diana

Erin said...

Cute Leslie... your family does so many fun things. I love the good old fashioned feel of that parade. Myah is a cute little gardener, and Dayton... way to go with your cooking skills! Have your mom blog about one of your creations!

Roger That said...

Such cute pictures of our girls. It was so fun chatting during the parade:)