Friday, May 2, 2008

Dayton's Big Day


Opening his new clubs
The Birthday Boy!
Hitting a few in our backyard
Of course his birthday would not be complete without my red tulips blossoming

Here are a few shot from Daytons birthday, even though it was just "us" celebrating with him this year, I think he really enjoyed his special day. He received cards in the mail, and spent practically the whole evening on the phone with relatives, we have no family nearby so this is how we do things! He seems so grown up to me lately! Myah and I went and bought him a cake and balloons, no party in my house is complete without streamers, I LOVE streamers, always have, and I think they instantly make a celebration a party, so we hung a few streamers as well. He had an appointment with his allergist yesterday, he has been struggling so much with his allergies lately and the Dr. wanted to see him right away. Unfortunately, we learned that he has to have allergy shots, I wasn't surprised, most of my family has had them at one point or another. He will be taking them for 5 years, I almost cried when the Dr. said it is a great time to do it because he is at home and in 5 years when he is done, it will be time for him to go to college! What!!!!! College!! Oh my! Time is already flying, I can't imagine how quickly those 5 years will go by. I hope we can enjoy him as much as possible before then! After his appointment we told him we would take him out to dinner at his favorite place, of course he chose Leo's Coney Island. Oh well, he is a cheap date! Afterwards we took him to a local driving range so he could hit a bucket of balls with his new golf clubs. We are signing him up for a summer league/instruction, he has always loved to golf and thought it would be fun for him to try it. After the driving range, I took him to get some much needed new tennis shoes, he is going through them like crazy, he is now in a mens size 8! It was strange when I walked into the school to pick him up and a group of girls were there asking him where he was going, as they walked away they were smiling at him and wishing him a happy birthday. That was weird, he is growing up and I guess I am not the only one noticing that :( ! Oh boy!

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

Happy 13th Dayton! That's a BIG birthday, looks like he had a GREAT time :) I love the laid back "just us" birthday parties!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a big Birthday! Happy Day handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a wonderful day~ Happy Birthday Dayton!! Those are some gorgeous golf clubs and your back yard looks like a golf course~ BEAUTIFUL!!
Your party decorations look great~ I love streamers too!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Happy Birthday Dayton! Wow, an official teenager! The streamers look great and I'm in awe of your back yard!

~Lynn

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Dayton! My boys LOVE to golf too! And Leslie... hold on, before you know it, he will be off to prom!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Dayton.

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday, Dayton! Enjoy those new clubs!