Wednesday, May 14, 2008

China Earthquake

Half the Sky foundation has set up and emergency fund for orphanages in China that may have been affected by the devastating earthquake earlier this week. My heart and prayers go out to the people of China, I can't imagine the state of chaos that they are experiencing right now. After being in China, I can appreciate the magnitute of destruction that this must have caused. The loss of life is heartwrenching, and from the reports that I have heard indicate that 80% of the Province of Sichuan is destroyed. Unbelievable. Sichuan is the neighboring Province to the west of Hubei, where Myah is from . Where we stayed in Wuhan is only about 300 miles east of the epicenter of the earthquake. I "know" a mother who just went to Sichuan last month to receive her daughter. As I last checked the death toll was 20,000 with 15,000 or more missing. There are several orphanages in that area, Half the Sky is updating their site regularly as to the status of the children. If you are interested in donating to this fund please go here.

No comments: