Monday, May 12, 2008

The Best Gift




Last night I was tucking Myah in to bed. It had been a very long weekend as we had been up at 5 am each morning to be at the ballfields by 7:00. Myah was exhausted but we still sat in her bed together and I read her Bluberries for Sal, she was flipping through to the end, she was ready to drop. After her story always comes her prayers. She prays for everyone, even the neighbor's dog Ribbon. We always include her family in China, although this time I specifically said a special prayer for her mother in China. The words she spoke next left me speechless and tears in my eyes.
Myah: "You and Daddy come get me in China"
Me: "Yes we did, with Dayton and Grandma too"
Myah: "You bring me back to Michigan"
Me: " Yes we did, we brought you here to your house and we love you"
She has said all of this before but her next words were new to us.
Myah: " Mommy, you saved me"
Me: "um, um, yes we did Myah, and you saved us"

I was just blown away, I kissed her goodnight and ran down to call Mark at work, I asked him if he had told her that before and he said that he hadn't, and was just as touched as I was.
I am so thankful that she feels this way, what a priceless Mother's Day gift.

11 comments:

jennifer said...

You have brought me to tears. What a sweet conversation. You have to wonder how they process it all.

Hope you had a great day!

7:00 is EARLY!! We had games this weekend, but not early.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Leslie-I, too, am crying!! A lot of mixed emotions & very happy for your family! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Wow Leslie, what a precious moment. She's wise beyond her years.

~Lynn

Colleen said...

Just beautiful and so touching.
Happy Mother's Day! (a little late)

Heather said...

Wow! Giant lump in my throat...priceless indeed!

What a sweetie she is.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Heather

Kim said...

Wow! It's amazing what these little one's process in their minds. What a tender moment - with only many more to come. Hope you had a beautiful Mothers Day (enjoying your diamonds LOL).

Erin said...

Wow, Leslie. I felt so teary reading this. How could anyone doubt the divine intervention is bringing you all together?

DiJo said...

Leslie,
She is so precious! Thank you for sharing Myah's beautiful prayers!
Blessings,
Diana

Sheri said...

Oh my! I am just blown away by this. It brought tears to my eyes and put an ache in my heart. Praise God for saving our precious girls.

Nikki said...

That's right...we saved them and then they saved us right back.
What a sweet blessing Myah is and her words melted my heart too!

3 Peanuts said...

Wow, I have chills and tears. I cannot imagine having these conversations with Kate although I know they will come. It is amazing what they know on some visceral level. Children are so intuitive and wise. Blessings to your sweet family:)

Let's talk soon,

Kim