Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy 40th Mark (Daddy)!

Today my better half turns the big 4-0, I am so thankful that we can share this special day with him. When I think of people whom I admire for their hard work, strength and character, he is top on my list. I am a very lucky lady to have spent 22 years of my life with him, he has made me a better person in every way. He is a husband like no other, I have never had to question his love or devotion for me. He is a wonderful Dad, he has always loved children and I knew that he would be a great father, he is so much fun and has a way of looking at life through their eyes that is just so tender. He is a man of faith, integrity, loyalty and humor. Lots of humor! He laughs so easily and is a big practical jokester. Mark is a great boss, I hear so many great things about him from his fellow officers and I am know that having the respect of his co workers is very important to him. He stands up for what is right yet still respects people who have done wrong. He is a true sports fan, he loves to watch any kind from t-ball to golf, he is good at any sport he plays, sometimes I ask him if there is anything he can't do. He is such a help around the house, he is my right hand man, very hands on with the kids and with the day to day. He loves to cook, much better than me for sure! I always tell the kids that we will eat good when dad is on midnights because he does the cooking!

I could go on and on, but I won't, I am so thankful for him in my life, we have sure been through so many of lifes ups and downs and I look forward to many more with him.

Happy Birthday Mark!! We love you so much!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll have to check out my little tribute to the Man, The Myth, The Legend on my blog!:D We love you!!!!!

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a sweet post.... Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful, laughter filled day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cousin!!!!! I cannot believe you are 40 today! Where has time gone? I wanted you to know that I am thinking about you today and wishing you many, many more great years!

Love, Vicki

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday Mark! Sounds like you and Leslie are a perfect match!! Kindness begets kindness.

Kim