Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wuhan Snow

This was one of the headlines today on my Charter.com news, I just about fell over, this is in Myah's Province of Hubei and we stayed in Wuhan. The snow is crippling China, this is the worst snowfall since 1950. A few people I know are missing their Gotcha Days because they are stuck in Beijing unable to fly into the airports of their baby's Province. I can't imagine the headache this must be causing. When we were in Hubei we learned that it is one of the 3 Furnaces of China because it is soooo hot!!!!! When RuQing was here for Christmas she told me that she knew of Wuhan as being a "ring of fire" because of the hot temps. The snow is beautiful even though it is causing so much trouble!


Stranded passengers wait in a snow-covered yard to get into the railway station in Wuhan in central China's Hubei province Monday Jan. 28, 2008. At least 25 people were killed and 13 injured when a bus plunged off an icy road in southern China early Tuesday, as bad wether severely disrupted the nation's busiest holiday travel season. AP photo and article

6 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

That's crazy...Weather causes havoc everywhere.

Interesting post...

Lisa

Leslie said...

O'My Leslie. I hate hearing this news. Only 3 furnaces??? I'll be praying for china and this cold weather they are having. Thanks for letting us know.

Sheri said...

After sweating like crazy while we were in Wuhan, I can hardly imagine it cold and snowy! How awful for those stuck in Beijing and being delayed in receiving their children. Hopefully they will be able to have their Gotcha Days without further delays.

Five more days until the big girls and the little girls get to see each other!! Do you think we'll dress Sarah & Myah alike again? I just showed Sarah the picture of Myah with the blue marker on her lips and asked her who that was in the picture. She said "me!"

Erin said...

My heart aches for the parents having to wait even longer! And especially for the families of those killed or injured. I feel, when I see news stories like this, that it is about "my" town---since our daughter is from Yiyang.

Anonymous said...

Great picts of the growing romance!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I have read some stories where folks are stuck in Beijing! This is terrible for those poor parents:) I pray that the weather slows down enough to unite these kiddos with their forever families!