Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Taking it down a notch in 2008


Well, I am hoping to at least! The new song by Point of Grace called "How You Live" is my inspiration. I LOVE this song! Totally a Leslie song, just what I needed to hear, I have been feeling this way for a long time now. You must listen to it! You will love it! Last year was so busy and crazy, sometimes I wasn't sure if I was coming or going. We had our first full year with Myah, Mark started a new position and midnights, my photography business was out of control from about September thru December and Dayton always kept us running. I am SO glad that a new year is here and I can start fresh. A new year with no major changes on the horizon. I am so glad! I have felt myself change over the past 6 months, I don't know if I am maturing or what but I have a sense of peace with who I am, with my marriage, with my children. I am becoming more set in my ways, which isn't always a bad thing. I have learned to let the little things slide on more occasions than ever. My goal for this year is to get and stay organized, spend more quality time with my family, learn to be a better cook (wink), socialize with our friends on a regular basis and not become a hermit ( I am a home-body). I am taking a few months off from taking pictures, it is very time consuming for me and I love doing it however, I am wanting to take a few classes and learn more about my camera. Also, my family really needs my attention. Dayton gets his braces on next week, had his bands put on today. He may need oral surgery twice while his braces are on, poor little guy, lets pray that the braces fix the problem. Good news is no expander is needed like they first thought. Mark goes back on midnights (frown) in Feb, and on the 6th of Feb. has surgery on his eyes again. He had this surgery done 6 years ago and it is time to have the other eye done. It is a condition that has shown up in adulthood and causes double vision, we have learned that it was something that he was born with. It is not a nice surgery. He doesn't remember how bad it was, I am not looking forward to it, it was bad. I feel bad that he has to go through this again. And, little Myah really needs my attention. I have seen a huge difference in her personality this past week, she loves it when we are together as a family. I am also going to pursue potty training. Dayton starts baseball practice this weekend, every Friday night and Sunday afternoon until the season starts. Yes, I am going to be busy. But nothing makes me happier than tending to my family. I am probably going to be blogging much less this year, I am so thankful that I have documented so much over the past 2 years. I have done most of this for the benefit of my family and it is so nice to look back on how far we have come. I will still update here and there, especially the milestones, but not so much the day to day stuff. I am not going anywhere, just taking a little breather! I also wanted to let you all know that my cousin Ruthie's stepdaughter Kristina, left yesterday for China to get her little girl Morgan. I talked to Kristina the other day before she left and it brought back so many emotions! She lives in Florida but is having her cleft pallate surgery here in Michigan so we are hoping to meet little Morgan soon! That will be 3 little China dolls in our family! So amazing! Well, I am signing off for now, going to go play in all of this snow! We had another 4 inches this morning, I swear there is at least 15 inches of it on the ground! It is gorgeous! Talk to you soon!

10 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Just catching up here. I am doing the same thing. I will be blogging just not as much. Too many other things to do. I am so grateful though to have met you through my blog. Happy New Year friend.

Kim

Jewels of My Heart said...

Sounds like words of wisdom... Enjoy your family.... make a snowman for us.
God Bless You... and may your new year be blessed.

Adele said...

I am so blessed to have found your blog tonight. I have read so many of your posts and I just love all of them! I will certainly be back here to visit again. Your daughter is just beautiful!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi Leslie,

I will miss not seeing you on line as much through your blog but completely support you in your decision.

You are a dear person and I know your family and friends will be blessed by having more of you.

Keep in touch.

Love,
Lisa

Heather said...

Such a powerful post - I love your honesty.

I have never been a consistent blogger for all these reasons - I wear sweats a lot because I'm usually on the floor playing more often that anything:) Even my job requires me to play.

So, I wish you all the joy that can come from tending to the family - what a wonderful mommy and how blessed the children that grow up in the joy that comes from focusing on family.

Enjoy that snow! So happy to have "met" you.

Happy New Year!
Heather

Dawn said...

Many blessings to you in 2008. I will look forward to when you do post! Go enjoy that family and that snow!!

Christy said...

Glad you are taking some time. I too have been doing too many other things and not enough family things. I totally am going to cut back a bit this year and be with my family. Thanks for sharing.

CHristy :)

jennifer said...

I am just catching up. I can relate to being pulled in too many directions. Don't stay gone for too long, though.

Danielle Moss said...

Enjoy your time with your family. Blogging can take up way too much time. I know if I had a family I would do a LOT less of it.

I hope everything goes well with Dayton's braces. I had them for 4 years and definitely feel for him.

I'll pray for Mark. I hope the surgery goes well and that it isn't as bad this time around.

Wishing you the very best in 2008. Good luck with potty training! :)

Danielle

Lori said...

Hey Leslie, it's been so long since I've visited....I miss you. I'm glad all is well and I completely understand about less blogging. What a great Mommy you are and how blessed your family is to have you.
I hope you all have a healthy and joy-filled 2008. :)