Thursday, January 10, 2008

Brace Face


Last picture with no braces on!

A little pep talk and kiss from little sissy




Ta-Da!


Well, we just got home from getting Dayton's braces put on. We had appointments over Christmas break so that he could get them on asap. We have been going to the orthodontist for 2 years now, waiting for the day that he would give us the green light to getting them put on. After several baby teeth were lost, he was finally ready. He was so excited for this day, until he got his spacers on last week and realized that pain was involved. I had forewarned him of the pain because some 24 years ago I had mine put on. Gosh, things have sure come a long way in 24 years! He got to choose colored bands, he chose black and orange, his baseball team colors. Myah sat in the waiting room with me for an hour and 11 minutes to be exact. They are a wonderful office and have a great set up for siblings. She was so good for me. At the end a dad brought his teenager-ish Chinese daughter in for an appointment, Myah sat right next to him, it was cute. I am assuming she was adopted and wanted to ask but just then, Dayton walked out and smiled at me, with a face full of metal! He is pretty sore, I took him to McD's for a vanilla shake and bought him a new PS2 game on the way home. I had some soft foods at home for him along with a goodie bag of "tooth care" products. I took the kids by myself to Red Robin last night and got Dayton his favorite meal and picked him up early from school so that he could get a full belly. Hopefully in 18 months they will be removed, just in time to (gulp) start high school! I thought it was only fair to share my lovely before and after as well! Update: As I was typing this the phone rang, I answered and a young girl was on the other end and asked for Dayton, she heard that he got braces and wondered if it was true. Oh my, we have been home an hour! I guess I just have to give in to the fact that my little boy is growing up!

Oh my, how long ago was this?

11 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Awww - he is such a handsome young man - especially with braces! Myah will be wanting them soon (and hopefully she won't need them!!) You are brave putting up your high school pics! Of course, we were all so darn good looking back then - huh??

Heather said...

He looks so great!! A girl called? GULP - not surprised - he is reallllly cute! Oh, these are the days!

Thanks for sharing your brace face days...I have blocked mine out!!

Have a good end of the week.
Heather

Sheri said...

Sorry I told you the appointment would only take a half hour! Looks like they did everything at one time. Hope Dayton's mouth isn't too sore today. Love the pictures of you from "way back when." You are brave for posting them, but when you are so cute, I guess it doesn't matter! ;)

What PS2 game did Dayton get? The one I was telling you about yesterday is "Buzz! the Mega Quiz." I found it at Best Buy and can't wait to play it with the boys this weekend.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

jennifer said...

How funny! We might be entering that age soon, as well. Not looking forward to that.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a cutie! Hope the morning after isn't too bad for him...

Kudos to you for putting your brace face pix on your blog. I didn't mind my braces as much as I did the poodle perms that accompanied them.

Have a great weekend oh mommy of a boy who gets calls from girls...
Lisa

Aunt Vicki said...

Leslie!!! I have been telling you that Dayton looks just like you and now that I see those "old" pictures of you, I see it more than ever! :-)

And I'm not surprised that the girls are calling him already... you know those handsome Schultz boys... my Uncle Fonz would be so proud!

Have a great day! Vicki

missy said...

He looks SO handsome!!! I will have to show your blog to our little one, as braces are coming her way this summer.

He looks great!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Wow..how cute! My son just got his off. Love your high school pictures!! What memories the hair brings back!

Check out my blog...I gave you an award!

~Lynn

Stefanie said...

Oh, I SO remember the pain of those blasted braces! But I am SO glad my parents insisted... I had quite a pair of buckteeth, at least that's what my mean older sister's told me ;)
Sounds like his momma is taking great care of her boy, hopefully he's feeling better already :) I mean if McD's and new PS2 game can't do it, nothin' can!

Jewels of My Heart said...

How handsome he is!!!!!!!! His smile is every bit as beautiful as it was before.

3 Peanuts said...

Awww. I had braces too. they do hurt! He is so cute! I am not surprised the girls are calling him:)

You look adorable in the photos. beautiful teth in your after!

Kim