Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008!



Happy New Years everyone! We welcomed the new year in at home, Dayton went to a friend's house. Mark had to work until 8pm and we visited our friends Todd and Michelle for a bit and then came home and snacked until midnight! We swept our money in the doorway at midnight, a tradition that we have always done, it is supposed to bring prosperity in the new year, we'll see. My grandparents always used to do it! We woke up this morning to more than a foot of snow! We were amazed! Mark spent a good portion of the morning digging out. It is gorgeous though! We watched Michigan beat the Gators today! Yeah! Sorry Penny! I always watch the Rose Bowl parade and drool over the gorgeous floats. I made a popcorn cake for the first time and it is delicious, we have been munching on it all day, what else can you do if you are snowed in?! I am excited to see what the new year will bring! I am so happy today that my friend Lisa's husband Don finally came home, what a way to celebrate! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Yay Michigan! I didn't realize that's where you were..but we come from IOWA, so we always root for Big 10! Happy New Year!

Sheri said...

Wow, you got more snow than we did! Sounds like you had a nice, relaxing holiday. All the best to you in the new year!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I have never heard of the money sweeping tradition...I learn something daily from my sweet blog buddies it seems.

Wishing you a very safe and happy new year.

Enjoy the snow!!!

Love,
Lisa