Friday, January 11, 2008

I want to go back!











Maybe it is the fact that the weather here is freezing with 15" of snow one week and sunny and 62 the next (made the snow all melt),or maybe it is the fact that my sister Melanie lost control of her car on the ice today and hit a tractor by the side of the road (they are alright by the way), but I am craving some sunshine and warm weather. Today I was in a store and the cashier said, "look, there is the sun" and we all turned to look outside, and the sun was shining, it was so pretty, and just like that she said, "well, there it goes". I was looking through some pictures and realized that 5 years ago this week we came home from our Disney Cruise with Mark's family. It was the 1st Christmas without his dad and Phyllis took the whole family to Disneyworld and then on a Disney Cruise. It was so beautiful! We had a blast! I can't believe it has already been 5 years ago! I just had to post a few pictures of us in the sunshine, it is getting pretty gloomy around here! By the way, the braces are very painful for my little guy, he stayed home from school today!

6 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

I am SO glad your sister is ok. How scary! What a blessing that no one was injured.

Sorry about all the gray skies. The sun will shine soon (hopefully).

Hope Dayton is feeling better soon. I had braces for 4 years so I definitely feel his pain.

Sheri said...

Wow, I can't believe how much Dayton has changed in 5 years! Sorry to hear that his mouth is hurting him -- hope it's not as painful today.

The sunshine does sound great along with a Disney vacation. Want to go?!

Glad Mel and the girls(?) are okay. How very scary!

Heather said...

Glad your sister is okay - so sorry she had to go through that.

I want to go back too! We are trying hard to make that happen this year:) I worked there for five months on a college internship, what an amazing experience. Something really special about the mouse!

Have a great weekend.
Heather

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Looks like some FUN times and something to dream about for the future.

Hugs to Dayton and so glad God protected your sister...

Sending you lots of sun and warmth from my house to yours,
Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

I am glad you sister is fine. That can be so scary!

I wish we could meet you in Disney. Wouldn't it be fun to do the princess thing with Myah and Katie Ru?

I hope the waether cheers up!

Hugs,
Kim

Christy said...

How fun. I know during winter so many miss the sun but know that some of us wish for the cold. We live where the sun is always out and today we had 80 degree weather-- yuck. I want the cold and I want the grey skys-- sun is not good right now. Anyway, hope the sun comes out soon.

Chrisyt ;)