Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday


It has been a while since I have done my Thankful Thursday but I felt the need to express my thankfulness this week especially. I am thankful...
-For Mark, for hanging in there until your eye surgery is done, I know you are having a hard time, it won't be long sweetie and you will be able to see so much better!
-For Dayton, bless your little heart, you have had quite a difficult week, I am so thankful for your patience and for putting up with all of the pain that accompanied your braces. I promise no more soft foods!
-For Myah, oh honey, you have made me a happy mommy this week! I have prayed for the day when you would give in to the fact that you are here to stay and that you would accept us and the love that we give you. I think we are there! Thank you for saying "mommy, I love you and I missed you!" and for the great week that we had together.
-For a wonderful lunch today with my dear friend Debbie, I have missed her so badly, we sat at the restaurant for almost 4 hours!
-For the new season of American Idol, we made cupcakes for the occasion! Thank you for giving us two nights of great fun and laughter! Two words, "guy liner"!
-For our wonderful visit with Mrs. W. on Saturday. She was the sweetest hostess! She was my Grandma's best friend and it was such a sentimental day for us all!
-For the sweetest message from Martin P., your words were so touching and we have always appreciated your support!
-For Sherry's new job,I am so happy for her!
-For the thoughtful nominations from Lynn and Stephanie for a few blogger awards! I was touched by your kind words!
-For our new baseball team and the warm welcome that we have received!
-For little Morgan who is on a plane right now, heading to her new life here in the USA!

8 comments:

Sheri said...

What great things to be thankful for! I'm especially thrilled for you that Myah said she loved you and missed you. What an awesome answer to your prayers!

P.S. I'm counting the days until our adoption buddies get-together!!!

Jodee said...

I love your Thankful Thursday list. How sweet that Myah told you that she loved you and missed you!

Truly Blessed said...

Hi Leslie,

I just linked here from SteffieB's blog. What a beautiful blog you have! Gorgeous daughter and son, too!

I'm also a Michigan mom - four kiddos with a 5th on the way (3 teen boys & a 2 year old from Guangdong, our new baby is waiting in Jiangxi).

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

Stay warm this weekend -- it's supposed to get awfully cold.

Kelly

Leslie said...

Hi Leslie,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You are so sweet, and I just love your blog. I've been a lurker for a long while. When I had my blog made over by Danielle, yours was the look I wanted. Your colors on your blog are just so me. I didn't want to steal your great taste, so I went with the other...LOL.

I've always wanted to post and say hello, and don't know why I haven't yet. Your Myah is so beautiful, and I'm so happy she is opening herself up to a whole new way of showing you, that she dearly loves you. With your son, I'm so feeling his pain of newly put on braces. O'how that hurt.

Thanks again for stopping by, and now that you know who I am, I leave more comments on your blog. I just love comments...don't you.

Heather said...

What a fabulous list! Thanks for sharing such special items. Hoping Mark is doing well. ANd most of all - oh, dear Myah, what a wonderful thing to feel the love and contentment of your precious baby - yippee. Happy dance all the way around!

heather

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

So happy about your very special moment with Myah. It helps me remember we never can take hearing "I love you" for granted.

Love to you and your family,
Lisa

stay warm!!!!!!

DiJo said...

Just checking in to say "hi!" I love your list! I too am on the thankful list for American Idol!!!! Enjoy your blessings this weekend!
-Diana

3 Peanuts said...

Thank you for sharing you thankful heart:)

Kim