Monday, July 30, 2007

One Year Older....


Yes, today I woke up and was a whole year older. My body sure did feel like it too. Yesterday we worked so hard outside clearing the area on our deck and hill to create my garden. I told Mark for my birthday that was all I wanted was to finally start a flower garden. My neighbor Pam has a gorgeous back yard garden and has been trying to get one started for me for a few years now. We worked so hard and sweated so much around here yesterday that Mark lost 6 pounds! Today I went and picked out a few trees and some flowers from this lady who has great deals going on right now. My sister and the girls came down and got a hotel room with her hubby and we all went to the pool, it felt wonderful! I don't know about the weather where all of you are but this week is supposed to be a very hot one! My birthday is always either super hot or rainy. I had a nice day with my family, the kids were so cute, Myah keeps singing Happy Birthday. She walked around the house saying "happy day!". My parents called tonight and wished me a great birthday. They informed me that I was their Corvette. They were living in Germany while my dad was in the Army right after they were married and were told that they couldn't have any children. So for 4 years they didn't worry about it. As soon as they were on American soil and I mean almost the same day, I decided it was time for them to be parents if you know what I mean. Nine months later I was born, 37 years ago today. They said that they couldn't wait to get home and buy a Corvette and then when they learned that they were going to have a baby, it kind of changed their plans! The closest they ever got to a Vette was when my first car was a Chevette! Thanks to everyone who called, sent a card or email, I don't really like birthdays (for myself at least) but it was nice to feel loved!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Leslie, you're practically a baby!! ;.)
I'm so glad you had a nice day!!
Cute story about your parents! You could always buy them one for their anniversary!

Danielle Moss said...

Happy Birthday! I wish you the very best this coming year and always!

Danielle

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry it is late. I have not been chacking the blogs lately. I am trying to cut down on computer time a little but it is hard to stay away!

Kim