Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sneak Peak


I have started working on Myah's big girl room. She has showed great interest in climbing out of her crib so I figured I should start looking around for a bed. I have always wanted a girly girl room for my little girl. Evidently so because I only had to go shopping in my own basement to find all the accessories that I needed. I am a collector and also have inherited some great pieces. I love the vintage, pink, somewhat shabby chic look. I still have the crib up so I don't have everything in its permanent places just yet but I do love how it is all fitting together. Myah seems to like it too and wants to sleep in the bed already. I found an adorable iron bed at the local antique mall for $113! Mark's Grandma gave us the mattresses, that are like new. I found a great vintage chenille bed cover at my favorite consignment shop for $29.I lucked out and spotted the curtains on clearance at TJ Maxx for $8. It is just perfect. I do have to get some reinforcements for the bed frame before I let her sleep in it though. Here is a sneak peek, I have had the pillows for years too! Must be I always knew I would have a little girl, you all know how I get rid of things!

5 comments:

Lori said...

How pretty!! The "peek" is lovely and I can't wait to see the whole room when finished, it's coming together beautifully!! How much fun it must be to decorate a "girls" room!! I love the mixture of florals, especially the sham...so pretty!! And some GREAT deals to boot!! How fun! :)

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie,

It looks beautiful! I need to remind myself to check your blog more frquently. I always think of you BJB site.

I cannot believe what great bargains you found! Way to go!

Kim

Lori said...

Leslie, I'm passing on a meme to you!! (see my blog) Look forward to reading your answers!!
Hope you're all doing well!! Thanks for your recent comments!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Today is your birthday?!

Danielle Moss said...

It looks GORGEOUS! I love that look. It's going to be so beautiful and I know she is just going to love her room. Can't wait to see the finished photos.

And you found such GREAT deals! Unbelievable! I'm very impressed.

Danielle

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I love the room. I'm working on my daughter's room while we wait. I hope you post more pictures soon!