Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bad Storms....

The little Baptist Church by our house had alot of trees damaged
The cemetery by our house was just littered with huge trees like this.

Thursday afternoon we had a horrible storm. People claim it was a tornado. Whatever it was it was very damaging to our little town. Amazingly, I had just left with the kids to go to Target and I had just got inside when the storm kicked up. Our neighbor called my cell phone and told me that a bad storm came through and power was out. It was so bad that I could barely get back home due to the trees, power lines and debris. I had to take a dirt road that everyone else was using too. We stayed at a hotel that night and luckily had power the next day. The scary part is that two huge trees fell in my neighbor Pam's garden. She has the most beautiful garden and I was going to take Myah's pictures after they got home from going into town. The trees fell in my favorite part of her garden, where I would have been with Myah. We had a mess to clean up, Mark found pieces of our patio furniture at the front of our subdivision. Luckily everyone was ok. It was so strange because just the night before a tornado ripped through my hometown up north where my parents live. It went over the lake where all of our pictures were taken on our boat. Isn't that weird!? Here are a few pictures that I took while in the car, they aren't very good.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Wow, those storms are powerful and sometimes very scary! I'm glad everyone is ok, and I'm sorry about your "favorite part of the garden".