Wednesday, August 1, 2007

26 Months Old



In the tradition of my BJB site I thought I should keep up with my monthly update on Myah. It has been so nice to look back on her progress throughout this past year. I am so bad about keeping up with her baby book so this will serve as one! I will start by saying that our little girl is extremely STRONG willed! Her vocabulary is amazing and she is saying sentences now. She will say words and phrases that I didn't know she even knew. The other day she saw the video from her orphanage and she saw a parade with people in costumes dancing in the street, she says, "look, monkey dancing", she was right! She will usually wake me up in the morning by saying "hi mommy, I sleep good". Then she proceeds to ask all of us if we did the same. The next thing out of her mouth is "where daddy go?", "where Dayton go?" She then will ask this same question about 50 times a day. If I leave the room for a second she is like a broken record asking where I went. Along with her expanded vocabulary has come her ability to give commands, for example, "Dayton, sit down," Mommy sit down" Mommy Juice, juice, juice,.... you get the picture. The girl loves to eat and now she tells me what she wants and yells it until she gets it. This girl does not give up or give in. We will get into stare downs with her and she doesn't even blink! Especially when she is in trouble. She is such a goofy girl, she loves to dance and sing. She loves me to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider with her and she does all of the motions. She is also running everywhere, she is pretty quick too! She is definitely a two year old! Yesterday I found her on the floor in her room after her nap, not sure how but she did climb out of her crib, it was just a matter of time, I have found her outside of her pack and play when we stay out of town. She loves to be outside and has loved taking bike rides with us. She just squeals. As dramatic as she can be she can also be as comedic. She knows how to be funny and tries to make us laugh, I love that about her. I think if she didn't have that characteristic I would lose my mind with the defiant side of her. I love this little girl with all of my heart but some days, whew, I look forward to bed time! We are trying to introduce potty training at her leisure, she seems to be pretty interested and has had a few successes! One of my favorite times with Myah is when she says her prayers at night, she is so sweet the way she names everyone, she remembers everyone, I can't believe it! Sometimes she will say names and then pause for a second and go "Um..." and say another name. I think she gets her gift of gab from her daddy what do you all think!!! Ha ha! She also loves playing with her dolls, she pushes her stroller around with her baby in it all day. We have had a great summer and have enjoyed our boat so much, we are so thankful that Myah enjoys it as well, she loves to go fast and is not afraid of the water at all. Just amazes me to think that just last summer she would scream when she saw a pool or bathtub. She is our daughter through and through and I love how she says " momma, I happy!" Or how she tells us she loves us, it just means so much to us. I could go on and on about all of the changes in her/our lives lately, the kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe that Dayton will be in middle school in a month. I took him shopping the other day and he is actually in clothes that I can wear now. Where has my little boy gone? He loves Pac Sun and even asked if I could buy the cologne that they sell. He is worrying about his hair now, his complexion, and his clothes. I am definitely dealing with two very different stages in childhood development. It is exhausting! But very fulfilling! Please leave us a comment if you are visiting, we would love to hear from you all, I haven't updated the bjb site at all and miss the guestbook section, I know you are all out there so please leave me a note, I miss hearing from you all. Also if you are new, leave a message introducing yourself, we would enjoy it! Sorry I haven't been very faithful at blogging, we have been working on the garden, it is getting pretty but of course we have picked the hottest days of the year to work on it! Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your daughter is beautiful.

If you'd like I can help you edit your blog. I'm dealing with a LOT right now with moving tomorrow and I'm watching my friend's little one on Friday while her husband is in surgery (actually...if you find something you like I could probably do a blog design for you during nap time). I really wouldn't mind and desperately need to get out of my head right now.

I just backed my car into another car's bumper as I was pulling out of my driveway. I was very upset, and am so grateful no one was hurt--but I did not need this additional stress!

Ok, must try to go to bed. I need to facilitate a move tomorrow.

Danielle

Lori said...

What a great post Leslie, I was laughing at your little munchkin! Love how she wakes you up, oh my that is so cute!! Love her questions (although I'm sure it can drive you crazy!) she's just so precious and I can clearly see without having met her why you're so in love with her!
You're so blessed with your two sweet children! (and the dh too)
I love the third picture especially, with her little tanned self against the bright pinks and blues of summer!! Beautiful!

Lori said...

ps yes, I think we could be quite crafty together!

Aunt Vicki said...

Hi Sessie! Sorry this say "aunt" vicki, but I picked my name to leave comments on Matt's blog.

I get on your blog quite often during the week to read and look at your pictures. You amaze me with your photography abilities... my goodness! But of course you have two adorable "subjects" to take pictures of... and it sounds like they keep you VERY busy.

I really enjoyed this posting with all of the things that Myah can say now... wow! You explain things so well that I can picture it all as if I had been there!

Happy Belated Birthday too! Love, Vicki

Heather said...

Leslie - came across your blog from Danielle's and just wanted to say hello. Myah is beautiful - just stunning. And your Dayton is a cutie pie - oh the Pac Sun days (I have a nephew turning 18, who I am sure was just 2 yesterday!)

Happy Birthday!

Loved all the progress notes on Myah - so fun to see these little loves doing so well.
Heather