Thursday, July 19, 2007

Nate the Great

Next stop... the cover of GQ!
So handsome!
I love this one not so much for a portrait but because I snapped it while he was laughing at himself after I asked him to pose a certain way and and he couldn't do it, we all thought it was hilarious!

I know. It just doesn't seem possible, our nephew Nate is going to be a senior in high school this year. Not only does his birth seem not that long ago, but I also realized that when he graduates next spring, it will mean that I graduated 20 years ago! Oh my gosh!!! Time just flies! We are so proud of all of our nieces and nephews. Nate is our oldest. He just received many honors this year in baseball, lets just say, the college scouts are calling his cell phone already, yeah, he is that good. But not only is he a great pitcher, he is an exceptionally good student, he is a strong Christian, a great son and grandson. He was our ringbearer 14 years ago, I remember when we asked him if he would like that position in our grand event, he replied a few minutes later " I want to be a ring lion" not a bear. So my mother in law sewed the cutest little lion patch on the back of his little pillow that he carried down the aisle, he was a ring lion inside! I have been thinking about him so much lately, probably due to the fact that I took his Senior pictures last week and I have been staring at his face for the past few days editing into the wee hours of the morning. I see such a special young man, quiet and respectful, yet quirky and humorous. He is a great kid. We look forward to his bright future! Here are a few of my favs from the other day.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a fine young man! Great photos too, he is very handsome!
Cute story about the "ring lion"...he needs to continue that tradition someday!

Lori said...

Leslie, I nominated you for the "Rockin Girl Blogger Award" (see my blog)! I think you totally rock and your blog!! :) Congrats!!