Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another Piece of the Puzzle?


I received and email the other day from Brian Stuy, some of you may have used his services before. He has gone over to Tuanfeng (many other cities too) and has made a dvd of the orphanage, government buildings and the city. I am so thankful that he chose to visit Tuanfeng, Hubei on his most recent trip to China. He traveled all over China taping finding spots, orphanages, etc for families like us who are searching for any little piece of the puzzle we can find for Myah's sake. I ordered the dvd today and am so anxious to receive it. He takes an interpreter with him to ask questions that families may have and that the orphanage director is willing to answer. He also has several pictures available for purchase. I was flipping through them on his website and noticed that there was a picture of a foster family room at the orphanage. I was under the impression that the foster family Myah lived with had their own home. After seeing that picture, I began to cry, it looks just like a room in one of the photos we received in our album from the orphanage. Myah is sitting on a bed and the caption reads that this was taken in her eating room. This room looks almost identical to the one at the orphanage. I have to believe that she was under the care of a family who lived at the orphanage. Whether it was a worker, an elderly family or some one else affiliated with the orphanage, I do not know. I ordered the picture and hope that upon receiving it I will be able to see things more clearly to know for sure. I can't wait to see the video and I hope that Mrs. Li explains about the foster rooms. Mark and Dayton were able to tour the orphanage but never got the impression that babies lived there. It broke my heart to look at the pictures that are posted in Tuanfeng, I loved our trip to China and how warm the people were. I can't imagine what her life would be like. Or ours without her. If you would like to check the site out for yourself go to http://www.research-china.org/ and look under city pictures and dvd's. There are many other cities offered too if you would like to see if your child's information is there. We ordered our finding ad through Brian before we left for China and he is very quick and reliable. I will post the picture of Myah that I am talking about so you can see for yourselves.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Wow, interesting! I hope you are able to find out a little bit more! Keep us posted. I saved that site for future use, thanks for sharing it.

3 Peanuts said...

That is so interesting! I hope you can find out more.

Let us know.

Kim

stevepatg said...

Hi, I just came across your post while searching for a map of Tuanfeng. We have a 7 year old daughter adopted from Tuanfeng SWI in January 2005. Brian Stuy was able to make direct contact with our daughter's foster family when he traveled there! We have quite a bit of info about the foster home, which was located right on the grounds of the orphanage. Some other foster homes were off site as well. My husband traveled alone to get Leah as one of us needed to stay home with our other 3 kids. He got to meet the foster family and tour their home. Please email me if you'd like more info or details. I have some pics I could share as well. Although they didn't have a lot, there was a lot of love in the homes and their care seemed very good.

Hope to hear from you! It's always nice to meet another Tuanfeng family!

Pat Gillule, mom to Leah
upstate NY