Friday, February 6, 2009

Family Pictures



I came across these pictures while going through files on my computer. I thought I would post them on here. The older picture was taken I think when I was in the 4th grade, Mel would have been in 2nd grade. My Grandmother took a whole mess of us up to the beautiful Grand Hotel for a week! Can you imagine? I would do anything to get to spend just one night there as an adult! I remember the Jamaican waiters running with the huge trays of food up and down the aisles in the dining room. It was amazing. We had a little book that we had to carry everywhere with us to prove that we were guests. My Dad came up to join us for a few days and the hotel photographer snapped this one of our family. I love the red geranium carpet, the signature of the Grand!

The more recent picture was obviously taken at Melaine's wedding 12 years ago! Gosh it sure doesn't seem that long ago! I remember little Dayton crying as I walked down the aisle, he wanted his momma! Mel was married on Sweetest Day, all ivory wedding with gorgeous red roses! It was such a memorable day in our family.

3 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

I really enjoyed seeing these Leslie. Sounds like great memories of the Grand Hotel.

Kim

Melanie said...

Both of those pictures bring back wonderful memories... I miss him.

Love you, Sessie!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Beautiful pictures and memories of a beautiful family :)