Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cedar Point!

We took the kids to Cedar Point on Saturday. They are only open on the weekends now and they call it their Halloweekends. They have many spooky themed rides and activities for all ages. Myah and I hung out together most of the day while Mark and Dayton opted to wait in the long lines for the big roller coasters. We have not been there since Dayton was 5 years old. Mark and I used to go every year when we were dating and first married, I actually rode the huge coasters when I was pregnant for Dayton and didn't know it, ( I wondered why I almost got sick!) Dayton rode on his first big coaster, the Millenium, oh my, Mark said that he started to get nervous going up the huge hill and even grabbed onto Mark's arm. He had a great time and didn't want to leave. Even in the car on the way out he kept looking out the rear window saying "I can still see it". I remember those days as a kid, never wanting to leave! The first ride I took Myah on was the carosel that used to be in a park where my parents grew up, Myah's grand and great granparents grew up riding on it so it was appropriate that it was the first one that she rode on. The only ride that we went on together as a family was the tilt a whirl, Myah hated it! She did ride on the Jr. Gemini though! Cedar Point has become home of some of the worlds largest/fastest roller coasters and was named best amuzement park in the world for the 12th year in a row. Some of those hills are so high they have airport lights on them. When we were driving down the causeway when we first got there, Myah got her first glimpse of the park and said "oh my good-ness!" and kept giggling. I was amazed at how much there was to do with the "little ones". We didn't even have to stand in any lines, she just walked right up and got on. Perfect way to spend the day with a toddler! I have to say the park was busier than I had ever seen it, someone had warned us that the Halloweekends are pretty crazy and they were, even as big as the parking lot is, there were people parked in the grass. It was a gorgeous fall day and I even wore a light sweater, usually we are sweating like crazy standing in long lines, it was so pleasant. Years ago Mark and I were there and it was so hot the generators were catching on fire and shutting down the rides. Yikes! I loved taking Myah on the huge ferris wheel that over looks Lake Erie, beautiful views of the lake and the park. We have been promising Dayton this trip all summer and we just now were able to squeeze the time in our lives, it was a wonderful and much needed family day!

















4 comments:

Dawn said...

What a fun weekend...the weather looks beautiful!

ww said...

Great photos - would be great for Cedar Point's marketing materials!

Virginia said...

Ooh, the Millenium. I got to ride that once ages ago. Doug and I and some friends went to Cedar Point while we were still dating, probably 13 years ago. We had the best time. Love the pictures.

Gin =)

Lori said...

Haha, these bring back so many memories!! I use to love the big coaster right by the waters edge...what's it called?! What a blast!