Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Special Journey


This is sweet Rose, she is taking a wonderful journey back to her roots.


Myah kissed the package goodbye when we sent it! With Love To China!

I mentioned last week that I was busy preparing a special gift, well hopefully in the next few weeks that gift will arrive safe and sound at its destination, Myah's orphanage.
Some of you who followed along our journey to Myah will remember the story but for those of you who are new I will give you a little background. Long story short, our video camera broke in China, on the bus ride to get our little Myah. By the grace of God it began working right before we walked into the building and died as soon as we walked out with Myah. There was no way we could spent the rest of our trip in China without a video camera, so we purchased one while we were there. Other families offered to tape for us but there are so many little moments in those first few days together that we wanted to make sure we captured. We taped and taped and when we came home we went to play our videos for our family and we were unable to view them. We took the tapes to a pro video guy who informed us that the camera was PAL compatible and that no tv/vcr in the US would work with that format. It has something to do with the language package. He said it is basically garbage here in the US. Bummer! So we spent $20 a piece to have each tape converted and boxed up the camera. We tried to contact our guide in China and she was willing to return it for us, unfortunately, we did not have the original packaging that it came in, I had to have room in my suitcase for squeaky shoes, not a camera box! So they would not return it for us. I wondered what we should do with it, sell it on ebay? I had a thought that it would be nice to send it over to Myah's orphanage but I was worried that it might never make it. So I packed it in the closet and that is where it has stayed for 2 years.
A few weeks ago I was checking my yahoo group emails from the group of families who adopted babies from Tuanfeng SWI (Myah's orphanage) and I came across a post from a family who had gone back to Tuanfeng this past spring with their daughter and I was disappointed to find out that the photo albums that we have sent over have never made it. I thought the information was reaching the orphanage and that they would know how our babies were doing. My heart sank. I was glad I had not tried to send the video camera.
Then I read down a few more posts and learned that another family was going over there in a few weeks and she was willing to take pictures along if we wanted to. My heart actually skipped beats, I was so excited. A few days later I was cleaning out my closet and came across that camera again, no accident I am sure! I frantically emailed Susan and asked if she would be interested in delivering this camera to the SWI for us. She emailed her trip coordinator and she was able to contact Tuanfeng and they said they would love to have the camera. I was filled with excitement! So last week, I prepared a short video of Myah and our surroundings and then I had Shannon translate a letter for us explaining who we were and that we were donating the camera to them. We also let them know how much we love Myah and appreciate all that they have done for her. Everything just fell into place. The camera arrived at Susan's yesterday and I actually talked to her on the phone tonight, I could have talked for hours. Her daughter Rose is 10 and she is taking her back for a visit. I can hardly wait to follow along her journey, (she has a blog but I am not sure if she wants me to publish the site). She is staying in the same hotel that we did while in Wuhan and then is going to Tuanfeng and spending a few days there. Can you imagine getting to spend a few days in your daughters home town? Priceless. She is so excited and I am excited for them and will keep them in my prayers during her journey back. It was so facinating talking to her tonight, she leaves tomorrow, but needed to know how to use the camera, remember the instructions are in Chinese! They never received photo albums or able to vist the orphanage like we did. So I am sure she will be so grateful to finally have some answers for Rose.
I am so grateful to Susan for delivering our very special gift. I can never thank her enough! We are so glad that it is going directly to its destination and will be in the very hands of those precious ones who took care of our daughter before we could. Thank you Susan and Rose, have a magnificent trip! ( They are going to be over there for about a month)
I had to put this song on here, I pray that Tuanfeng will remember little Myah and Rose and that the visit brings many happy memories for everyone involved.
****I just checked their site this morning (Thurs.) and they arrived safely in Beijing*******

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I love that story! I am so thankful that however it happened, you were able to capture those precious first days with Myah! She is such a blessing to our family. I just love those little cheeks! :)
I will send my prayers to the HEAVENS for all of those beautiful little China dolls and the families that are waiting to hold them, and to Susan and Rose for a safe and beautiful journey!

Love Being A Nonny said...

What a great story and how wonderful it is to know the camera will get to them safely!!! How could they NOT remember little baby Myah? I could never forget that precious face........

jennifer said...

What a full circle story!! How exciting for that little girl to be able to go back.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

OMG - thank you for sharing that, that red thread - simply amazing!

How cool that you entered Myah! She is beautiful and has a smile that come from deep in - so genuine :D I hope that one of these little beauties gets picked! What an amazing story that would be :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Erin said...

I loved reading about the journey of your camera. Who knows what might come of this? It is so exciting. And it is fun to see Rose... she is very adorable. I wish them Godspeed.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh I am so glad that you are having these photos/memories hand delivered. Miss you.

K

3 Peanuts said...

I gave you an award...come see:)