Friday, February 1, 2008

31 Months Old Today

She loved meeting Mrs. W.
While Dayton is at school we will play with all of his stuff!
Looking up to Uncle Scott
I love her expression while looking in the huge mirrors at Mrs. W's house

A little static cling in the morning, those darn hats!
Dayton and his best bud Brandon played keep away from Myah! She loved it!
Until Brandon made her mad and she put him in jail (notice the hands behind his back!)
Cousins playing dress up!


Ok, I feel bad, I have not posted a monthly update in quite a while, we are in the 30's now! I feel like Myah is really growing up lately. She now weighs 29 lbs. and is 36" tall. She just amazes me with her vocabulary, we can pretty much understand everything that she is saying and can hold a conversation with her. She has the gift of gab, I just don't know where that comes from (wink)! She is starting to sing, I just love listening to her, she can sing all of twinkle twinkle little star and almost all of her ABC's. I must credit Daddy with teaching her the ABC's. She also loves listening to Dayton's "hi-pod" music, she cracks us up when she hears a song on the radio that she knows one of us likes she will yell out "Mommy's song, or Daddy's song or Dayton's song" and she is right! We are so glad that Miss Tiffany was able to add us to the class list this week, the class had filled up very quickly and I had to wait a few weeks to see if there was room for Myah. She was so excited to be back, we pulled up to the school and she squealed "My-nah's school!!!!". She calls herself My-nah by the way. We call her My-nah China as a nickname. Her strong willed personality still rears its ugly head but she is on a whole doing much better with "going with the flow". I realized the other night when we saw little Morgan that Myah was never that bubbly, giggly little baby like Morgan (and many others are). From the moment she was placed in our arms, she has kept us on our toes, trying to figure out what makes her happy. Sometimes it is very exhausting if I can be honest. I love this little girl with all of my heart and soul but sometimes she can push buttons I didn't know that I had! She is always one step ahead of me, I could never tell you ahead of time what her next move is going to be. For example, the big girl bed issue. She would not stay in it at all, she would not stay in her crib either so I got rid of it, there was not enough space in her bedroom for both of them, besides, I had to pull her crib away from EVERYTHING so that she would not mess with it. She would throw everything out of her crib anyhow. And take all of her clothes off. She has been sleeping in her pack and play for a month now, just so I can confine her a bit. I caught her playing in her closet and heard her fall after trying to climb up her closet shelves. So this week I decided that she was going to stay in her big girl bed, she came up with the notion that there are monsters on the floor so she won't get down. They must be nice monsters because she laughs about it. But it worked so I went along with it. And she has done beautifully with it. Until today. I caught her on the floor during nap and she had stripped the bed of its sheets and pulled the comforter out of the duvet cover, it was all unbuttoned. I don't know how she does it, again, back to the whole Houdini thing! So we get the good with the bad on most days.
I have to say though despite all of her crazy little antics, she is becoming a little sweetheart as well. I have to be some influence on her right?!! I love that she is feeling compassion for others, I see it when one of us gets hurt, she will run up and pat our back and say "Ok?" And she is starting to share much better than before. Except with her big brother of course, do they ever outgrow that? The love between her and Dayton is just heartwarming, he will beg to go and give her kisses while she sleeps, and she loves to give him goodnight hugs and kisses everynight. She can sure boss him around when she wants to! The girly girl in her is really starting to emerge as well, she loves tutu's purses, babies, and dress up. She is also starting to dance when the music is on, she has the funniest little moves, remember Elaine from Seinfeld, well, they share the same dance moves. She loves to climb, the other night she was on top of Dayton's loft bed, hiding I might add. I have to be on my game at all times with her! I love her for it though! She is her own person and she knows what she wants! She really loves to watch Toy Story, I still have the original Buzz Lightyear and Woody that were Dayton's and she plays with them all of the time. The other day I caught her at the top of the stairs with Buzz in her hands yelling "to infinity and beyond", I rescued Buzz before he met his demise! She also loves to watch Curious George, Sesame Street (her favorite character is "monster cookie"), and Charlie and Lola. We love watching her imagination at work, she is so funny, we love that she is really getting a sense of humor, it definatly helps in this family!

Well, that kind of sums up little Myah in a nutshell for now, we are constantly amazed at her changes and the degree of security she feels with us now, she knows that we are her family and that this is her safe haven. Nothing melts our hearts more than when she hugs us and tell us that she loves us or misses us, we have worked and waited so hard and long for her to accept us unconditionally and it has truly been worth every moment that we waited.

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I can relate SO much to this post. Lily was also a real challenge from day one...her love and affection only came after lots of work and TIME. I'm glad to see that Myah is starting to relax with you...it IS worth all the pain ya go thru to get there, isn't it!? (and it just keeps getting better!) I told my hubby yesterday that Lily is making up for everything we went thru in the beginning by being such an ANGEL now.
Much love to you all!

Sheri said...

You just can't help but love that little girl! You'll be so glad you recorded all of the crazy things she does. I love reading all about it -- it puts a BIG smile on my face. :)

Three more days!!!!!!

Lori said...

Leslie, Myah is so sweet, she does sound like quite the handful~ those toddler years can be so exhausting~ and she sure sounds quite clever!! :)
It's wonderful that you've detailed so much of who she is right now~ you'll be able to laugh together one day about her silly ways! :)
Love the mirror reflection picture! :)

Heather said...

WOW, Leslie - your words could have been my own - I related to this post so much and I have to tell you (we have discussed this before) but you make me feel so peaceful about our precious Hannah because we struggle with many of the same things.(now there is a run-on sentence!)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your honesty...this helps on the days where my patience runs thin and my hope runs and hides. I am so gratful for you.

Heather

I love reading all the fun, cute things Myah does and how magnificently she is thriving, a true beauty, inside and out!

anne said...

http://www.nickjr.com/shows/ni-hao-kai-lan/index.jhtml


wanted to make sure you saw the new show starting Thurs.

Erin said...

Wonderful to read about Myah's comings & goings. She sure is cute, and awfully clever! Your comment that "... we have worked and waited so hard and long for her to accept us unconditionally and it has truly been worth every moment that we waited", touched me so much! Well said, Leslie!

Robin said...

Hey Leslie,
I have just been catching up on what's going on with you guys... I am cracking up at the picture of Myah and her "chap-tick"! Too cute! I love reading your posts and hearing all about Myah's latest tricks. We have been experiencing some of the big girl bed issues, too:( Knowing we'll be seeing you in just a couple days is making me miss you even more!
What a little sweetheart Morgan is! So glad to hear her surgery went well.
Those pictures of you and Mark from your dating years were awfully sweet! We will sure be praying that Mark's eye surgery will go smoothly and for a quick recovery!
Can't wait to see you!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh how I love that little Myah! She is one bright young lady and beautiful to boot!