Monday, February 4, 2008

I will return!

****see below for Myah's dental update:
I am typing this from a borrowed laptop, wouldn't you know it that when you really need your computer, it needs a nap! We are taking mine in today to hopefully get fixed. We are rushing around like mad these last and next few days in order to get prepared for Mark's eye surgery on Wednesday, and it is like going one step forward and two steps back. We need to do our taxes on line before he can't see very well for 3 weeks, so that is on the agenda today. In addition to turning our van in (lease), and Myah's dreaded dentist appointment today. Please pray that she cooperates! I am so excited that tomorrow I get to see my adoption buddies! Myah and I can't wait! Then my mom comes down for a few days!! Yeah, I love having her visit! Bless her heart for helping me out with the kiddos. I went to a local Chinese store yesterday and purchased some items to decorate the house for Chinese New Year, and bought a few traditional "foods" to try. I went to the same place last year and they are just so sweet, I will have to post pictures of my dining room later, I decorated it for the holiday and Myah is just loving it!
Please say a prayer for my Mark, I know he isn't looking forward to having this done again, but I have seen a huge decline in his eyes over the past few weeks so I know it is time. It will help and it will be worth it in the end.
I also have to please ask that you say an extra special prayer for a family friend Jason who was just diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor last week, ( we just learned it is stage 4 cancer). He is 29 years old, has two little children, his daughter is in my niece Annabelle's ballet class. Jason's big sister Dawn was my sister Melanie's best friend growing up and Jason is a very good friend of my brother in law Eric. In a small town, everyone knows each other! When Jason's mom Darlene was pregnant with him, my sister was in Kindergarten with Dawn. My mom went to conferences and the teacher congratulated my mom on the "good news", evidently my sister Melanie wanted our mom to be pregnant as well and spread the rumor that my mom was pregnant too!! We still laugh about that! It does not sound very good for Jason right now, they did a biopsy last Thursday and the tumor is the worst that the Dr. has ever seen, very entangled around his brain. It is just heartwrenching to see this family experience such pain. Jason was just telling my sister about the headaches/migraines he was having, never expecting this kind of outcome. Please pray for a miracle at this point. He was very excited about being the new head coach of the baseball team this spring, he was always on Eric's teams growing up, they were even on the state runner up baseball team together, he is very athletic and talented! Thanks so much for your prayers!!!!
*we just arrived home from the pediatric dentist, Myah did very well! Behavior wise that is, her teeth aren't so great. She has dental hypoplacia, her teeth were not formed correctly in utero probably due to improper prenatal care, ( see my tears), and she has to go back in a few weeks to have a crown put on her decayed tooth and 3 fillings put on her other teeth. I am so thankful that we found this awesome dentist, he was wonderful and so were all of his staff, they fell in love with Myah and I know that she is in good hands. We will do the fillings on the one side one week and then the crown and other filling the next week. The dentist himself was adopted and was so informative and compassionate. I told Mark on the way home that I am so glad that we are able to get her the care she needs. The dentist also agreed that her tonsils were huge and was glad to hear that we were going to an ENT , we told him his name and he told us he really likes him. So that is next on our agenda. Myah was very proud of her little bag of loot today, she came carrying it out like she had just won the lottery! Other than that they said that we have been taking very good care of her teeth and to keep up the good work! The hygenist thanked us for sharing Myah with her today, she said Myah was just "yummy!" I thought that was soooo sweet!

11 comments:

Erin said...

Oh Leslie,
Your family needs you so much right now! Hope all goes well with the surgery & the dentist, and hoping your friend and his little family are blessed with a miracle. I believe in miracles!

Heather said...

Leslie - in the midst of the chaos, enjoy the time with your mom and the celebration of Chinese New Year.

Please let Mark know we are praying for him and we know the Lord will cover him as he has the procedure and then heals.

I am so sorry to hear about Jason, what a terrible discovery. We will certainly lift him and his family during this difficult time and will also pray for all the medical professionals who cross their paths, may they have wisdom beyond measure and compassion greater than that.

Thinking of you...
Love,
Heather

DiJo said...

Hi Leslie...
Oh, my heart just wants to break for your friends... And, for you with your post about Mark and Myah.
What a blessing you will be to both of them when they just need a hug or their hands held. I will be praying for all of you!

Blessings during these trials.

Love,
Diana

DiJo said...

Hi Leslie...
Oh, my heart just wants to break for your friends... And, for you with your post about Mark and Myah.
What a blessing you will be to both of them when they just need a hug or their hands held. I will be praying for all of you!

Blessings during these trials.

Love,
Diana

Sheri said...

Wow, what a lot going on for you right now! I'm so glad that your mom is coming to help you out after Mark's surgery. So glad Myah did well at the dentist today, but not so glad for what she's going to have to have done. Poor thing! I'll be keeping Jason and his family in my prayers. Can't wait to see you and Myah tomorrow -- now I'm counting down the hours! :)

Dawn said...

Leslie~

I am sending many prayers up for all your needs right now. I am so glad Myah did well at the dentist, and I will pray for Mark, and your sweet friend and his family. Enjoy every minute with your Mom too!

Hugs,
Dawn

Lori said...

Leslie, know that I am thinking of you and all that you have going on right now~ I will pray for Mark's upcoming surgery and also for your family friend and his family. What an incredibly difficult time for them~ God is a God of miracles and I will pray for that.
I'm glad Myah's appointment went well and that you found that terrific dentist~ and yes, Myah is yummy! :)

Leslie said...

Sorry Leslie that your plate is so full right now. Prayers are being sent your way for everyone you love and care about. I hope with everything going on you'll be able to sit and relax and enjoy your mother's visit.

Have a Happy Chinese New Year.

Stefanie said...

Leslie,
I just wanted to share that Sophie has the identical issue with her teeth. A few months ago we went through the same thing, Sophie needed 2 crowns and 2 fillings (one on her FRONT tooth!) She did great, it was a little traumatic, but she recovered so beautifully and her teeth look fantastic! If you want to 'talk' about it any more, feel free to email me :) It's great that you have found a wonderful dentist, we had one for Sophie and it made things SO much better for her!
Hope everything else goes well.. you have so much going on! Thank goodness your mom is coming to help :)

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie,

I have tears rolling gently down my ace right now. So much going on yet I can hear your sweet kind and hopeful voice as i read this entry. I am so sorry about your friend's tumor and will add him to my prayers. I have already been praying for Mark but this morning--you are the first thing I thought of ( finally e-mailed the paint colors) and I know it was God's way of reminding me to pray all day.

Also, I know it makes you sad about myah's teeth because you wonder about her prenatal care and the circumsatnces of her birth family. I am thankful that you found such a greta dentist and that you are going to the ENT. I will pray that all of that goes well.

You have so much on your plate. I wish I were there. I would cook for you today and stop by the hosptial to sit with you and have Dayton come play with the boys and Myah with Kate. And I would give you a big hug!

Love,
Kim

jennifer said...

I will pray that all goes well with the eye surgery, and for that poor family struggling with cancer. That is so sad!

I am so glad the dentist went well. What do they think her permanent teeth will be like?